Hi

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Post Reply
rover
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 20:01
Location: Dumbarton

Hi

Post by rover » 04 Jul 2012, 20:07

Hi All, just joined,I'm wanting to get into this night vision,(fed up carrying batteries)been shooting for over thirty years last ten with rifle,mostly fox,rabbit,deer.
I've been looking at pulsar n550,but I'm open to all other suggestions.
cheers
Jim

silent shooter
FOUNDER
Posts: 1826
Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 10:30
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: Hi

Post by silent shooter » 04 Jul 2012, 20:13

Hi Jim welcome to our forum mate,im newish myself to NV but im sure you will get plenty of help and info on here mate.
They are a good bunch on here and i hope you enjoy the forum ;)

Geoff

rover
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 20:01
Location: Dumbarton

Re: Hi

Post by rover » 04 Jul 2012, 20:18

Hi Thanks Geoff. Looking forward to it. :D
cheers
Jim

PESCA

Re: Hi

Post by PESCA » 04 Jul 2012, 20:27

Hello Jim, and welcome aboard the board :)

Have you thought about whether you'd like to go dedicated nv or add-on nv?

George

rover
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 20:01
Location: Dumbarton

Re: Hi

Post by rover » 05 Jul 2012, 20:01

Hi George, I'm still reading into all aspects of n,v. I will be using tika 595 with a swarovski 7/50 on top, what I've been reading this scope will not suit an add on. :?
cheers
Jim

PESCA

Re: Hi

Post by PESCA » 05 Jul 2012, 20:54

Don't believe everything you read, Jim ;)

I've been doing some trials lately, with both S & B 8x56 and Meopta 7x50. Not conclusive yet, but looking good for add-on nv.

What you have to remember is that with an add-on fitted to a variable mag scope, side focus is preferable so that you can adjust the reticle picture at varying distances/magnification.

As your fixed mag scope has a huge depth of field naturally, I'm finding that once the reticle picture is set up correctly using your scope eyebell, nv objective lens and nv adjustable diopter, that's it. No need to touch them again.

The downside for those with airguns would be that the scopes I mention are parallax free at 100 yards, normally, but then again, it's not impossible to have them re-parallaxed.

Just some food for thought for you, before you part with that nice lump of glass :)

George

rover
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 20:01
Location: Dumbarton

Re: Hi

Post by rover » 05 Jul 2012, 21:09

Hi George thanks for reply. I also have a Meopta 7/50 not doing anything in cupboard bought it two days before swarovski, never had it on rifle.
Cheers
Jim

RUSSIAN SNIPER
Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jun 2012, 10:32
Location: Scotland - Houston

Re: Hi

Post by RUSSIAN SNIPER » 05 Jul 2012, 22:29

Welcome jim ;)

Daz
"Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

rover
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 20:01
Location: Dumbarton

Re: Hi

Post by rover » 06 Jul 2012, 06:58

Cheers Daz :)

Post Reply