My son knows I dearly miss the 4x4 trials, it was my passion, never had a bad trial.Did well at some (exceptionally well), fluffed others, enjoyed them all. Climbed the ladder slowly to do reasonably well overall. Have to admit shooting came second to trials.
So for Christmas and birthday combined he bought me a Tamiya CR-01 crawler, with rear steer
Now, I have a six channel transmitter / receiver, two channels of which are just an on / off switch. The crawler has servos on both axles, both independently operated. What I would like to do, if possible, is link the rear steer to the front steer, which shouldn't be too hard. The difficult bit comes now
I would like to make the rear steer switchable on and off, and, switchable for direction. That is, turn it off completely so steering remains straight, and,when turned on be able to alter the direction of steer in relation to the front axle.
This is to either reduce turning circle OR crab steer, all from the transmitter.
Is this possible, and if so what do I need to buy? Won't replace the trialer but still enjoyable
















