Hi all,
I have a small milling machine which has a motor on which is printed
:- 1 phase, 3A, .7kw, 5200rpm, ip54.
The problem is that the speed controller for it has gone bang, the magic smoke
has escaped and left behind large burnt places on the PCB.
The speed controller is a BC2000-TA.
On it is printed
:- input 115/230vac, 50/60 hz, 1 ph, 9A
armature 0-90/0-180vdc, 6A
field100/200vdc, 1A
This controller seems to be a copy of a KBIC240.
These controllers are seriously expensive here in the U.K. but quite reasonable in the U.S.
However, upwards of $160 for P&P plus import duty etc. is too much for me.
So I am wondering whether someone with knowledge of these things could advise me on a replacement?
I don't mind if it is a 'remote' unit nor do I mind if it is a used unit.
In fact most anything that will do the job would be O.K.
Any help most welcome.
Regards,
Ken.
Electronic help please.
Re: Electronic help please.
Matching a speed controller with a single phase motor is no picnic, I'm afraid your either got to pay the price or keep searching on ebay for a secondhand one.
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?
Re: Electronic help please.
This should do the job http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Input-AC220V- ... 20f5dd7e73
The motor in your milling machine is DC not AC.
The speed controller converts the incoming 220V AC to DC and then provides an adjustable output voltage to the motor aramature which sets the speed.
Your motor will either have 2 wires (armature only) or 4 wires (field and armature) - the speed controller I linked to will work with either type.
Cheers
Bruce
The motor in your milling machine is DC not AC.
The speed controller converts the incoming 220V AC to DC and then provides an adjustable output voltage to the motor aramature which sets the speed.
Your motor will either have 2 wires (armature only) or 4 wires (field and armature) - the speed controller I linked to will work with either type.
Cheers
Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR
Re: Electronic help please.
Many , many thanks Bruce!
Ordered today
Regards,
Ken.
Ordered today
Regards,
Ken.
-
rapid7008500
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 11:18
- Location: West Midlands
Re: Electronic help please.
phoenix wrote:This should do the job http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Input-AC220V- ... 20f5dd7e73
The motor in your milling machine is DC not AC.
The speed controller converts the incoming 220V AC to DC and then provides an adjustable output voltage to the motor aramature which sets the speed.
Your motor will either have 2 wires (armature only) or 4 wires (field and armature) - the speed controller I linked to will work with either type.
Cheers
Bruce
It's nice helping people out. Nice one Bruce
ATB
Kevin
















