Absolutely nothing to do with NV

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
rodp
NON EMMET

Absolutely nothing to do with NV

Post by rodp » 09 May 2018, 16:06

Might interest a few on here, the messers and bodgers amongst us, the ones that just have to modify stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a trailer here, about 8' x 5' ish, we built it a couple of years ago. Lovely trailer, tows beautifully. But, I had a brainwave :roll: , instead of having to keepp covering stuff up with a sheet or putting the cover on a quad I'll put a tilt on it. Good idea so far, but tilts annoy me as you have to remove the cover or stand inside it to lash stuff down, and then it's dark inside.
Sooooooo, and this is where the brainwave came in, make it in to a slider :thumbup: Best of all worlds, it has a tilt, it will have access all round for lashing and I won't have to sheet stuff. Now, I've never seen a small trailer with a slider on before so don't know if it's been done. But as I used to convert artic trailers to sliders many moons ago it can't be too hard. We were (I was?) the second people in the country (first one should have patented it) to make sliders so I should have a bit of knowledge :think:

Brainwave or what? This will be the trailer of all trailers :thumbup:

Or a complete failure and the reason no ones made one :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Absolutely nothing to do with NV

Post by some bloke » 09 May 2018, 16:39

Ya mean loiks a curtain trailor Rodders?

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 09 May 2018, 17:24

Sort of Dave. A slider is one of those coil carriers, the complete hood / tilt slides open from either end. Some have a fibreglass headboard, others it's just part of the cover (like a rear flap, but at the front)

"Argo, a great 8x8"

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 10 May 2018, 05:20

rodp wrote:
09 May 2018, 16:06
Might interest a few on here, the messers and bodgers amongst us, the ones that just have to modify stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a trailer here, about 8' x 5' ish, we built it a couple of years ago. Lovely trailer, tows beautifully. But, I had a brainwave :roll: , instead of having to keepp covering stuff up with a sheet or putting the cover on a quad I'll put a tilt on it. Good idea so far, but tilts annoy me as you have to remove the cover or stand inside it to lash stuff down, and then it's dark inside.
Sooooooo, and this is where the brainwave came in, make it in to a slider :thumbup: Best of all worlds, it has a tilt, it will have access all round for lashing and I won't have to sheet stuff. Now, I've never seen a small trailer with a slider on before so don't know if it's been done. But as I used to convert artic trailers to sliders many moons ago it can't be too hard. We were (I was?) the second people in the country (first one should have patented it) to make sliders so I should have a bit of knowledge :think:

Brainwave or what? This will be the trailer of all trailers :thumbup:

Or a complete failure and the reason no ones made one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Interested, as I will be looking to purchase a quad and trailer at the end of this year when I get my golden handshake.

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 10 May 2018, 17:24

blueroll wrote:
10 May 2018, 05:20

Interested, as I will be looking to purchase a quad and trailer at the end of this year when I get my golden handshake.
Theoreticaly it should have the benefits of all trailers, and the drawbacks of none :thumbup:
And it's a damned sight easier than converting artics :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 11 May 2018, 12:33

Its a scaled down version of a proven concept so it should work just fine.
You'll have to take some pics though mate. Its an interesting one :thumbup:
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 11 May 2018, 12:49

Watching this with interest as I'm too thick to take in whats what here lol.

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 11 May 2018, 14:56

Here you go Dave, this is the system. This is a safety video but it shows the principle. I used to make these 20 odd years ago when they were a new thing, like everything else though once more and more make them the prices bottoms out. Time to pull out then and let the others scrabble about trying to make a profit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBIJ6aFzSw

"Argo, a great 8x8"

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 12 May 2018, 02:39

rodp wrote:
11 May 2018, 14:56
Here you go Dave, this is the system. This is a safety video but it shows the principle. I used to make these 20 odd years ago when they were a new thing, like everything else though once more and more make them the prices bottoms out. Time to pull out then and let the others scrabble about trying to make a profit.

Gotcha. Looks like a good plan, regular updates as you are obligatory chap. 8-)

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 12 May 2018, 02:39

rodp wrote:
11 May 2018, 14:56

Gotcha. Looks like a good plan, regular updates as you are obligatory chap. 8-)