Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by some bloke » 19 Feb 2016, 05:19

I'm after a 6-24x56 sidewinder scope and I can't afford a cash purchase ATM, I'll swap for any one of my NV spotter builds on this table.

No point offering me anything with a smaller objective bell - as part of the requirement is to confirm the 67mm integrated illuminator of the Spotter Add On rig doesn't foul the objective bell, and I may be interested in the ocular thread.

If anyone has a 2.5-17.5x56 Sightron they are wanting to swap for something smaller then I'd put my Bushnell 6500 elite 2-16x50 with it.

I may also consider alternative 56mm objective scopes if they have a sidewheel and start at 6mag or less - simple ret prefered.

Image

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by some bloke » 11 Mar 2016, 16:20

Still looking.

poppy mae
Posts: 1731
Joined: 19 Aug 2012, 21:21
Location: Wirral Chesire

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by poppy mae » 11 Mar 2016, 18:18

Just neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed biggggggggggggggggggggggggger I.R ! Dave :idea:

poppy mae
Posts: 1731
Joined: 19 Aug 2012, 21:21
Location: Wirral Chesire

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by poppy mae » 12 Mar 2016, 01:46

On a more serious note, whats wrong with the Bushnell? Looked around all the sidewinders coming in at about £349 , the saightron , best deal I found was Northern Optics, Scottish borders ( spent a fair bit of childhood there in holidays ) check out the 4a ret , its the one I would have, was thinking along the same lines, but there again if it aint broke, why fix it so stick with the Simmons for now , till them 6 numbers come in....

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by some bloke » 12 Mar 2016, 03:16

poppy mae wrote:On a more serious note, whats wrong with the Bushnell? Looked around all the sidewinders coming in at about £349 , the saightron , best deal I found was Northern Optics, Scottish borders ( spent a fair bit of childhood there in holidays ) check out the 4a ret , its the one I would have, was thinking along the same lines, but there again if it aint broke, why fix it so stick with the Simmons for now , till them 6 numbers come in....
LOL, nowt wrong with the Bushnell, but I want satisfy myself (and potential buyers) the 67mm IR lens bell of my Spotter-Add-On doesn't foul the 56mm objective bell of a scope, which I'm 99% sure it will not. The ocular adjuster also interests me for DSA's and it's reputed to have very good night vision performance.

The Sightron also interests me and satisfies two of the above requirements. 8-)

poppy mae
Posts: 1731
Joined: 19 Aug 2012, 21:21
Location: Wirral Chesire

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by poppy mae » 12 Mar 2016, 03:28

Fair point Dave, can run an 80mm outside diam flashlight on an 50mm objective, using a 25mm-weaver rail mount ok, should be ok with the t67...

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by some bloke » 12 Mar 2016, 03:38

poppy mae wrote:Fair point Dave, can run an 80mm outside diam flashlight on an 50mm objective, using a 25mm-weaver rail mount ok, should be ok with the t67...
Well it does fit an unbranded non PA 8x56 scope that performs remarkably well - but I can't bring myself to be seen using it slightly out of focus at times.... I must take it out and try it at range lol.

User avatar
rodp
NON EMMET
Posts: 4159
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:49
Location: The Black Country

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by rodp » 12 Mar 2016, 10:17

Dave, got a 6-24x56 MTC taipan mounted if you want to meet somewhere to try it. Don't really want to take it off as it's zeroed to perfection (ish) :roll:
Don't mind driving out to meet you somewhere.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by some bloke » 12 Mar 2016, 10:51

rodp wrote:Dave, got a 6-24x56 MTC taipan mounted if you want to meet somewhere to try it. Don't really want to take it off as it's zeroed to perfection (ish) :roll:
Don't mind driving out to meet you somewhere.
That is a very very kind offer thanks Rodders. :thumbup:

I shall however just patiently wait for someone somewhere to want one of my spotter varieties enough to part with a sidewinder that ticks all my boxes. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later - and the swap request has been splashed around quite a few places like a true post whore. :P

I'm guessing an offer would be most likely from a non current NV user though and times are bad so I can't afford to buy one ATM. lol.

User avatar
rodp
NON EMMET
Posts: 4159
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:49
Location: The Black Country

Re: Wanted - 56mm sidewinder - swaps for a spotter

Post by rodp » 12 Mar 2016, 10:56

No problem Dave, you know where I am if you change your mind :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Post Reply