Page 1 of 1
Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 10:21
by fizzbangwhallop
Just a shot in the dark (

) to see if anyone’s got one of the smaller 4lb 90024 Lee melting pots lying around unloved?
Needed for yet another new project
It’s one of these.....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lee-Precision- ... B2S3W3H0V1
Cheers
Fizz

Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 19:07
by Mini Magnum
There you go
https://www.cdsgltd.co.uk/lee-precisionmelter.html
Just bought one a few month ago for some salt bath annealing..
Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 20:49
by Harleyman
Strangely enough i have a bottom pour melting pot from the days when pistol shooting was legal for ordinary citizens, not just gang members and criminals, and i used to cast my own .38 bullets. Might be persuaded to part with it , depends what you were thinking of offering. I could take a pic tomorrow afternoon if required.
Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 21:35
by fizzbangwhallop
Exactly my plan....spoke to them yesterday and they’re expecting more in stock at the end of next week. I also got an email reply from Craig yesterday and managed to get a kit into the basket but it wouldn’t let me check out
Craig came back to me today and will sort me out as and when so I’ve decided to go for just the thermocouple and the standard case holder to reduce the price (and hopefully the shipping/duty).
Have you tried it yet?
Harleyman wrote: ↑19 Feb 2019, 20:49
Strangely enough i have a bottom pour melting pot from the days when pistol shooting was legal for ordinary citizens, not just gang members and criminals, and i used to cast my own .38 bullets. Might be persuaded to part with it , depends what you were thinking of offering. I could take a pic tomorrow afternoon if required.
Many thanks for the offer.....

It’s really the small melter I need as the case-holder is specifically designed for that as far as I can see.
Cheers
Fizz
Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 04:28
by Harleyman
Ok, it's the Lee Production Pot that i have. What is it that you are requiring one for, i'm intrigued.?
Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 06:55
by fizzbangwhallop
Harleyman wrote: ↑20 Feb 2019, 04:28
Ok, it's the Lee Production Pot that i have. What is it that you are requiring one for, i'm intrigued.?
This.....
http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=2882
Cheers
Fizz

Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 13:02
by Harleyman
Thanks for that info. I think i should look into that myself as i reload .308 cases for my stalking rifle. I should be able to use my melting pot and shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate some sort of case holder.
Thanks
Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 13:26
by fizzbangwhallop
Harleyman wrote: ↑20 Feb 2019, 13:02
Thanks for that info. I think i should look into that myself as i reload .308 cases for my stalking rifle. I should be able to use my melting pot and shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate some sort of case holder.
Thanks
I’ve been working on it this morning and have sort of come to that conclusion.....
Ordered the pot from CDSG;
Ordered the salt mix and some plastic pots from from apcpure;
Ordered the Type K thermocouple and display from Thermosensedirect (very helpful on-line chatman Sam

)
Ordered a stainless 77*3mm disc and some stainless mesh from fleabay thinking I can bodge a spring toggle plasterboard fixing as a means to adjust the mesh platform/deck the case necks rest on up and down. Thinking about a second internal disc too....
I’ve got some stainless nuts n bolts here.
Rocket science never was my strong point!
Just want everything to arrive now
Cheers
Fizz

Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 14:47
by Mini Magnum
fizzbangwhallop wrote: ↑20 Feb 2019, 13:26
Harleyman wrote: ↑20 Feb 2019, 13:02
Thanks for that info. I think i should look into that myself as i reload .308 cases for my stalking rifle. I should be able to use my melting pot and shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate some sort of case holder.
Thanks
I’ve been working on it this morning and have sort of come to that conclusion.....
Ordered the pot from CDSG;
Ordered the salt mix and some plastic pots from from apcpure;
Ordered the Type K thermocouple and display from Thermosensedirect (very helpful on-line chatman Sam

)
Ordered a stainless 77*3mm disc and some stainless mesh from fleabay thinking I can bodge a spring toggle plasterboard fixing as a means to adjust the mesh platform/deck the case necks rest on up and down. Thinking about a second internal disc too....
I’ve got some stainless nuts n bolts here.
Rocket science never was my strong point!
Just want everything to arrive now
Cheers
Fizz
I just bought the kit from ballistic creations to save the head ache, hats off for putting it together DIY style

Re: Wanted : Lee Precision melting pot
Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 23:25
by fizzbangwhallop
Mini Magnum wrote: ↑20 Feb 2019, 14:47
I just bought the kit from ballistic creations to save the head ache, hats off for putting it together DIY style
Just ordered the case holder from him..... he thought he’d better sell me something quick whilst he still could!
