Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters - Reduced for 2017

Post by some bloke » 27 Feb 2017, 20:27

I'm currently out of black Sun pills.

some bloke
NON EMMET

PISTOL GRIP/MAGNETIC PAN/TILT SUNROOF SPOTTER.

Post by some bloke » 18 Mar 2017, 01:50

I made this some time ago but no longer use it after making a thermal one.

The ergonomic pistol grip handle of this spotter can be unscrewed from its aluminum mounting block and replaced with a magnetic pan and tilt base that will attach to a steel roof - ideally with a tilt slide sunroof to reach up to manually adjust it as required.

The Illuminator torch head rotates to adjust the zoom of the IR beam. A 3 memory mode 850nm AS LED pill is fitted as standard (controlled by the upper switch) The switch is seriously quiet and will cycle through lo/med/hi power modes by half pressing it. Leaving it on any power setting for three seconds or more will activate the power mode memory.

The expensive 75mm F1.4 Cosmicar TV lens is a serious upgrade but is used and has some scratches on the anodising.

The 5" adjustable brightness 800x480 res monitor acts as a flip off lid to the electronics box that can also be extended into your truck by virtue of an extension umbilical cord. This is how the box is opened for battery changing
DO NOT PULL THE SUNSHADE TO OPEN THE BATTERY BOX!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE

The box requires three USER SUPPLY 18650 batteries: I don't supply batteries or chargers so the buyer doesn't need to return the spotter if a battery fails - and if one goes bang because he did something silly he won't be suing me either. :)

On good moonlit nights or that 'in between' light at dusk or dawn where your eye can't see much, the E700 camera will respond to the remaining ambient infra red light, letting you see to near infinity without an illuminator thanks to the high quality KPC E700 low light camera. On poor moonlit nights you'll see very little unless you use the 3 power mode zoom illuminator - which is why they have two switches. :angel:

Check out this video from an older spotter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nPsp8jB5g The video quality has seriously degraded over six years.

I recommend this charger:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITECORE-D4- ... 2981059930

The pistol grip handle and magnetic base are packed loose to save packaging box size and materials - buyer to fit the nut onto the thread before use with pliers or 11mm spanner - but manly hand tight will suffice.[/quote]

The monitors have been known to let water leak in through the frame and ruin the screen: Be advised this is sold as not waterproof and I will not consider water damage as a warranty issue. I provide a 12 month warranty for other issues. A replacement monitor with cable would be £36 + £6 RMSD.

See the first part of this video - up until 1.29 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3acKW762XU

I'll post some images later.

Price is £250 collected - or add £18 for RMSD postage.
Last edited by some bloke on 13 Jan 2021, 06:30, edited 18 times in total.

bighit1985

Post by bighit1985 » 17 May 2017, 19:46

Hi
With the adjustment to the ir pill and lens etc. Is the spotter still capable of seeing 500 yard foxes??
What's the total cost of a spotter with normal handle best ir and lens?? Posted.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 17 May 2017, 21:24

bighit1985 wrote:Hi
With the adjustment to the ir pill and lens etc. Is the spotter still capable of seeing 500 yard foxes??
What's the total cost of a spotter with normal handle best ir and lens?? Posted.

Yes - assuming you use a 67mm torch head - but obviously not as clear an image as seen through a scope at that range.
Price is £230 with a 67mm lens and pistol grip handle + £13 RMSD P&P.

I have updated my last post with details I ought to have added some time ago - best have another read through it:

I've had a bit of an upset from an overseas buyer who pulled off the sunshade of his KwikFit Add On monitor because he skip read my sales post that gives specific instructions on how to open the box. When I pointed out he ought to have followed the link to the video about it he got rather upset at my banter about bloke's not reading instructions - and now hates me. Maybe Swede's don't get British humour. :crazy:

greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey » 13 Jun 2017, 10:29

hi,would like a 50mm spotter please as discussed by pm over on airgun BBS..

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters. Specs and prices from October 2017

Post by some bloke » 21 Oct 2017, 00:37

Please go to the second post on this page to see the newer spec and prices from October 2017.

tht

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

Post by tht » 31 Oct 2017, 16:59

To confirm my pm earlier, standard pistol grip spotter, 50mm lens without torch head. £253 paid by PayPal. Thanks for the help and advice. Tom

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 02 Nov 2017, 00:33

Thanks Tom, I'm waiting for IR pills that are due in today, it should be posted by the weekend. :angel:

discreethelp

Post by discreethelp » 06 Nov 2017, 21:09

Can this be connected to a dvr?

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 06 Nov 2017, 21:58

discreethelp wrote:Can this be connected to a dvr?
I can add an RCA out socket at no extra cost if requested with an order. :thumbup: