Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ooops
Posts: 267
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 06:28
Location: Hampshire but on walk about some where hot

Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by Ooops » 05 Mar 2016, 04:04

Hi, I'm looking for both a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

I'm also after the thread section from a couple of scrapped t20s.
Its only the threaded sections on the t20s that I need so if you've got any scrappers please give me a shout.

Thanks
The artist formerly known as Jethro

anthony
Posts: 1015
Joined: 11 Jan 2012, 14:04
Location: oxfordshire

Re: Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by anthony » 05 Mar 2016, 07:52

i got this Yukon lens is its anygood https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/604 ... /lens1.jpg
and i also got 2 50mm lens off Bresser if there any good to you?
Rapid 7 Mk2 fac 30ftps 3-9x50 AG + Kevg Mod
Rapid 7 Mk1 3-9x50 AG + Nutshot Mod
Ruger 10-22 / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + Gen3 PVS14
CZ 17 HMR / Tasco 3-9x50 AG
223 Howa 1500 Laminated Thumbhole Stock + T Ceptor pro 55-3

User avatar
Ooops
Posts: 267
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 06:28
Location: Hampshire but on walk about some where hot

Re: Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by Ooops » 05 Mar 2016, 07:59

anthony wrote:i got this Yukon lens is its anygood https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/604 ... /lens1.jpg
and i also got 2 50mm lens off Bresser if there any good to you?
You have a PM sir
The artist formerly known as Jethro

User avatar
Ooops
Posts: 267
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 06:28
Location: Hampshire but on walk about some where hot

Re: Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by Ooops » 06 Mar 2016, 11:24

the 4x50 lens is sorted, thanks Anthony :thumbup:

Still looking for a 5x60mm
The artist formerly known as Jethro

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY
Posts: 9676
Joined: 09 May 2012, 14:40
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by phoenix » 06 Mar 2016, 11:40

Re the Yukon 5x60
1. They are about as easy to find as rocking horse s**t
2. They are significantly heavier than the 4x50 and the plastic threads that make the focus work are not really up to he job. On the one I had the front part of the head wobbled badly.
In summary - I wouldn't bother.
If you can't see far enough with a 4x50 then you're doing something wrong.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

User avatar
Ooops
Posts: 267
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 06:28
Location: Hampshire but on walk about some where hot

Re: Wanted a Yukon 5x60 & a 4x50 lens

Post by Ooops » 06 Mar 2016, 12:20

phoenix wrote:If you can't see far enough with a 4x50 then you're doing something wrong.
Thanks for the insights Bruce, you may have saved me some shekels.
I'm only at the stage of assembling parts and I've never looked through any of them so I have no idea what to expect.

What sort of performance can I expect from a 4x50 as a spotter lens when used with one of Terry's t20s and sunnranger?
The artist formerly known as Jethro

Post Reply