Page 1 of 1

Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 12 Sep 2015, 08:33
by some bloke
Up for a one off sale is this used boxed Maplins Angel Eye DVR.

I have made a dedicated cam in splitter cable for it that simply interrupts either the camera or monitor cabling of any of my 'some bloke' rigs.
The black/red/white cable is slim enough to be pinched by the monitor into my friction fit monitor boxes.

Shown here connected in line with my truck spotter - which is powered by my indoor test rig:
Conveniently showing how it could be used indoors in a window for example.
This is a recording done with it using a small 501b illuminator, it has an internal Microphone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1OqGClUNDw

Price is £60 - or £50 if bought with a spotter.

Image

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 12:14
by evenbad
Hi Dave is angel eye still for sale

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 14:49
by some bloke
evenbad wrote:Hi Dave is angel eye still for sale
Hmm, just had a look for the customised 'in-line' cable and can't find it ATM lol, so only maybe at this time.

I found one I marked 'Angel Eye' with a trailing RCA socket on it - I can check its polarity suits the Maplin version later if you want it with that type of cable.

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 14:59
by evenbad
Need it to work with photon XT, Dave

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 15:20
by some bloke
Just found its polarity is wrong for this Maplins one.

I can make up one of these;
http://www.sure24.co.uk/solutions/night ... -lead.html

with one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-RIGHT-ANG ... 4d0e7270e4

for £10 if you wish.

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 15:56
by Ooops
Second Dibs please Dave, if evenbad doesn't want it I'll take it :thumbup:

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 16:06
by evenbad
OVER TO JETHRO, thinking on buying a ATN X site, thanks dave for your reply

Re: Angel Eye DVR for 'some bloke' spotters on sale

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 16:48
by some bloke
LOL, thats just as well really because I have just remembered the (original - that I no longer have) Photon AV out is a 3.5mm mini jack that I don't know the configuration of, so cannot help either of you lol. :angel: