Page 1 of 2

photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 18:55
by jdk1
This is a bit of a long shot but are there any photographers or people with a good knowledge of photography equipment fairly local to me that would be willing to have a look through a couple of boxes of bits we picked up in a house clearance , there are a couple of cameras some lenses and filters and lots of other stuff i havent got a clue about , i have got an idea some of it would be to do with developing pictures.

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 19:24
by rodp
Why don't you spread them out and photograph them John, probably a lot on here that know a bit but too far away. You may even sell some of it, lot of closet photographers about :thumbup:

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 19:33
by terry1001
rodp wrote:Why don't you spread them out and photograph them John, probably a lot on here that know a bit but too far away. You may even sell some of it, lot of closet photographers about :thumbup:
Probably the best idea to get some answers.

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 19:43
by Snapper
I'd be happy to help but I'm a bit too far away - could possibly meet halfway though if there is no one nearer.

To start with you could name the big stuff - cameras and lenses etc, that will give us a clue to the type and age of the equipment.

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 19:48
by rodp
If there's any leica digital stuff then it ain't worth a light John, just chuck it in a box and post it to me :roll: Or I'll collect as I'm so good natured :thumbup:


:lol: :lol:

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 19:50
by terry1001
rodp wrote:If there's any leica digital stuff then it ain't worth a light John, just chuck it in a box and post it to me :roll: Or I'll collect as I'm so good natured :thumbup:


:lol: :lol:
What a truly generous offer!

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 20:00
by rodp
I know, I'm good like that :thumbup:


:lol: :lol:

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 20:21
by jdk1
rodp wrote:If there's any leica digital stuff then it ain't worth a light John, just chuck it in a box and post it to me :roll: Or I'll collect as I'm so good natured :thumbup:


:lol: :lol:
Thats very kind of you rodders , cheers mate :thumbup:

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 20:39
by rodp
jdk1 wrote:
rodp wrote:If there's any leica digital stuff then it ain't worth a light John, just chuck it in a box and post it to me :roll: Or I'll collect as I'm so good natured :thumbup:


:lol: :lol:
Thats very kind of you rodders , cheers mate :thumbup:

:oops: It's just the kind of guy I am :oops:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: photographic equipment

Posted: 28 Sep 2014, 20:57
by jdk1
Right then chaps

Jenaflex am-1 camera with a carl zeiss jena DDR 50mm f1.8 lens made in GDR serial no 7112755 carl zeiss jena sticker on the camera body , the camera is a bit grubby but appears to work

KOROLL 24 camera with a plate on the back saying BENCINI made in italy milano , this has got a wierd little lens on it that i think is fixed to the camera KOROLL 1/50 SEC F:11 there is a type of flash gun with this that says PRINZESS-BC made in germany , also 3 little boxes all from boots 1 x lens hood for comet and koroll cameras and 2 x filter holders one which is marked up 2/6

Sigma zoom 35-135mm made in japan lens in a leather tube

KODAK COMPUR carl zeiss lens serial no 2985846 f:3.5 f=7cm this is stuck in a bit of hardboard

some kind of prism type thingy made by PATERSON

a BDB slide copier MK 11

There is a thing that looks like a cross between a pillar drill and one of them hairdryers that women sit under in the hairdressers marked up GNOME british made UNIVERSAL ALPHA 11

TEKTRONIX C-5C OSCILLOSCOPE CAMERA serial no b013049

Loads of filters , adaptors chemical tanks , and a box of SCHNEIDER KREUZNACH 3" square slides/plates with pictures of fossils on them