Page 1 of 2

BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:04
by V8 90
My day started well with a Full English in the hotel :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BUT
I Joined the queue about 2 miles from the show ground at 09.00ish - finally got to the car park area at 09.45 - the clueless numptys directing the traffic were just that - clueless numptys :wtf:
There was no signage from the parking areas to the main event building just a case of follow the crowd & hope they're going the right way :thumbdown:
Only 1 entrance for CC payers & 1 for Cash payers. :thumbdown:
Inside the show it was manic - far to many people & why do people take their dogs & multiples of dogs with them to an indoor event :wtf:
I spent quite a bit of time at TJ's :thumbup:
Had a good look at the Drone with CM :thumbup:
Had a good luck at NH's stand - liked what I saw BUT Antoni's got a REAL drink problem :roll: :roll:
Avoided NS :thumbdown:
Bought some good bits of kit I wanted :thumbup:
The DFA 75 is a nice bit of kit but I'm gonna wait for some real user feedback before buying 1 ;)
I was won over by the Yukon Photon 5x42 - I can see one in my possession pretty soon :thumbup:
Also met up with Thesmi & Jam1e off here :thumbup: :thumbup:
Drove straight out when I left at 16.55 - couldn't believe how far back in the fields & even out on the road car were parked :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:13
by some bloke
Cool - did the NH rig look as fugly as it does in the youtube clips I see of it, and was panicky Pete there having wet dreams about it?

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:20
by V8 90
I think "very well Home made" sums it up - I liked the eye relief - but it's not for me ;)

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:22
by sunndog
did you get a look through the dfa75 norm?

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:30
by V8 90
Sure did - I had a play in the tunnel & at the stall but to many people about to spend the time & have room to set it up properly - the image wasn't as good as I see on my N750 but it's an add on not a dedicated - hence why I'm gonna hang on for some proper user feed back ;)

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:43
by jdk1
V8 90 wrote: I was won over by the Yukon Photon 5x42 - I can see one in my possession pretty soon :thumbup:
Tell us more about the photon 5x42 , that looks very nice :thumbup:

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:47
by V8 90
Good image, well made, light, compact, can't fault it really & just under £400 I think it's a winner ;)
And as always - add a bit of nice clean Led IR & it'll be even better still :thumbup:

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 18:56
by jdk1
V8 90 wrote:Good image, well made, light, compact, can't fault it really & just under £400 I think it's a winner ;)
And as always - add a bit of nice clean Led IR & it'll be even better still :thumbup:
They are saying available in march , lets hope so

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 20:50
by PESCA
Thanks for the report, Norman.

Sounds like there was some lovely stuff to look. Always better when you can see the stuff close up.

George

Re: BSS as I saw it

Posted: 09 Feb 2013, 21:06
by V8 90
I really needed to get away from it all for a weekend following a tragic event early in January.
This weekend has fulfilled that. I've also had chance to look at the new kit that's hitting the market very soon & buy a few bits.