BSS as I saw it

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
V8 90
Posts: 594
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27
Location: North Lincolnshire

BSS as I saw it

Post by V8 90 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:04

My day started well with a Full English in the hotel :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BUT
I Joined the queue about 2 miles from the show ground at 09.00ish - finally got to the car park area at 09.45 - the clueless numptys directing the traffic were just that - clueless numptys :wtf:
There was no signage from the parking areas to the main event building just a case of follow the crowd & hope they're going the right way :thumbdown:
Only 1 entrance for CC payers & 1 for Cash payers. :thumbdown:
Inside the show it was manic - far to many people & why do people take their dogs & multiples of dogs with them to an indoor event :wtf:
I spent quite a bit of time at TJ's :thumbup:
Had a good look at the Drone with CM :thumbup:
Had a good luck at NH's stand - liked what I saw BUT Antoni's got a REAL drink problem :roll: :roll:
Avoided NS :thumbdown:
Bought some good bits of kit I wanted :thumbup:
The DFA 75 is a nice bit of kit but I'm gonna wait for some real user feedback before buying 1 ;)
I was won over by the Yukon Photon 5x42 - I can see one in my possession pretty soon :thumbup:
Also met up with Thesmi & Jam1e off here :thumbup: :thumbup:
Drove straight out when I left at 16.55 - couldn't believe how far back in the fields & even out on the road car were parked :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2013, 18:13

Cool - did the NH rig look as fugly as it does in the youtube clips I see of it, and was panicky Pete there having wet dreams about it?

V8 90
Posts: 594
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by V8 90 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:20

I think "very well Home made" sums it up - I liked the eye relief - but it's not for me ;)

User avatar
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 7350
Joined: 10 Jun 2012, 17:51
Location: buxton, derbyshire

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by sunndog » 09 Feb 2013, 18:22

did you get a look through the dfa75 norm?
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

V8 90
Posts: 594
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by V8 90 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:30

Sure did - I had a play in the tunnel & at the stall but to many people about to spend the time & have room to set it up properly - the image wasn't as good as I see on my N750 but it's an add on not a dedicated - hence why I'm gonna hang on for some proper user feed back ;)

User avatar
jdk1
Posts: 2033
Joined: 13 Aug 2012, 17:11
Location: Vigo kent

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by jdk1 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:43

V8 90 wrote: I was won over by the Yukon Photon 5x42 - I can see one in my possession pretty soon :thumbup:
Tell us more about the photon 5x42 , that looks very nice :thumbup:

V8 90
Posts: 594
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by V8 90 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:47

Good image, well made, light, compact, can't fault it really & just under £400 I think it's a winner ;)
And as always - add a bit of nice clean Led IR & it'll be even better still :thumbup:

User avatar
jdk1
Posts: 2033
Joined: 13 Aug 2012, 17:11
Location: Vigo kent

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by jdk1 » 09 Feb 2013, 18:56

V8 90 wrote:Good image, well made, light, compact, can't fault it really & just under £400 I think it's a winner ;)
And as always - add a bit of nice clean Led IR & it'll be even better still :thumbup:
They are saying available in march , lets hope so

PESCA

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by PESCA » 09 Feb 2013, 20:50

Thanks for the report, Norman.

Sounds like there was some lovely stuff to look. Always better when you can see the stuff close up.

George

V8 90
Posts: 594
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: BSS as I saw it

Post by V8 90 » 09 Feb 2013, 21:06

I really needed to get away from it all for a weekend following a tragic event early in January.
This weekend has fulfilled that. I've also had chance to look at the new kit that's hitting the market very soon & buy a few bits.

Post Reply