Page 1 of 6
Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 20 Nov 2015, 23:15
by rodp
Right gents, time to admit I'm going deaf as a post

Could be worse, I could be losing my Greek God looks and physique
Anyway, what it boils down to is I can't here if the foxpro is playing or not, I press the remote and hope but it doesn't always work (I've walked up and listened) Would it be possible to fit an LED that only comes on when it's actually playing and goes off on mute? If so, how?
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 12:25
by rodp
Hmm, no comments or ideas yet ?

And yes, I know a hearing aid would probably solve the problem, but that's giving in to it

Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 13:19
by hairyyoda
Rod.
Which FoxPro are you using ? "don't think that the digital numbers on the volume level readout on the remote will show an increase or decrease in the volume levels unless the FoxPro is playing" ??? will check later

. Phil
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 13:55
by rodp
It's an FX3 Phil, so no readout. Didn't know newer ones had a readout though to be honest. Does the remote show if the caller is actually playing on the new ones?
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 14:31
by 22-250jock
watcha Rod
the spitfire has the volume level indicator on the handset.............
mind you there has been the odd time when using a mouse call, i've had to walk out 50 yrds before i can hear it, especially if you have it facing away from you.
cheers jock
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 15:04
by rodp
22-250jock wrote:watcha Rod
the spitfire has the volume level indicator on the handset.............
mind you there has been the odd time when using a mouse call, i've had to walk out 50 yrds before i can hear it, especially if you have it facing away from you.
cheers jock
Cheers Jock, does the volume level indicate if it's actually playing though, or can it still be on mute? I'm looking at something that confirms sound is actually coming out of the unit.
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 15:28
by 22-250jock
nope
if you happen to hit the mute button by mistake, theres no way of knowing

Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 15:33
by rodp
Hmm, or forget if it's on or off

Need a way of knowing if it's actually playing that's why I was thinking an led. I can aim it so led is visible to me and my eyes are still pin sharp so it seems the way to go. Do you know if it's possible ...................... or do we need Bruce on the case ?

Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 15:45
by 22-250jock
recon its a one for Bruce
must be some way of conecting an led so it illuminates when theres power going to the speaker
must admit to having mine covered with a rabbit skin, so wouldnt be able to see it anyway

Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Posted: 21 Nov 2015, 15:54
by rodp