Foxpro and my lugoles
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Just did a little test on the Foxpro amplifier shutdown thingy and it's not as simple as I thought.
The change in voltage on the shutdown pin between the speaker working and being muted is only 1 millivolt - and that ain't enough to get a reliable on/off indication from an LED - I was hoping for a couple of volts at least.
Can't do any more with it until I get back from Darkest Africa.
Cheers
Bruce
The change in voltage on the shutdown pin between the speaker working and being muted is only 1 millivolt - and that ain't enough to get a reliable on/off indication from an LED - I was hoping for a couple of volts at least.
Can't do any more with it until I get back from Darkest Africa.
Cheers
Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
phoenix wrote:Just did a little test on the Foxpro amplifier shutdown thingy and it's not as simple as I thought.
The change in voltage on the shutdown pin between the speaker working and being muted is only 1 millivolt - and that ain't enough to get a reliable on/off indication from an LED - I was hoping for a couple of volts at least.
Can't do any more with it until I get back from Darkest Africa.
Cheers
Bruce
Cheers Bruce, there's no rush mate, it's good of you to even bother
Panic not, as a last resort I have a U caller remote sat here, just need to sort out the speaker for it but I think I know where it is. If your foxpro's knacked you're welcome to this. Not in the same league I know but better than nothingMind you I think I killed my Spitfire last night. flipping thing. I don't want to buy one of the others because I cant read the remote either and I cant afford the money for a new one
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Rodders. (Dave ?)
I have the exact gismo type gadget idea that you are looking for to sort out your "is it or isn't it dilemma of volume or no volume
coming from your FoxPro."
It's a long roll of thin two core cable, 2 small crocodile clips and a jack plug, connect the jack plug to one end of the roll of cable and then connect the 2 small crocodile clips to the other end of the roll of cable and then plug the jack plug into the auxiliary output on the FX3, now attach the neutral wired crocodile clip "slowly and carefully" to your left testicle and then repeat the same and attach the live wired crocodile clip "again slowly and carefully" to your right testicle. Now hopefully assuming that the auxiliary port output will only function when your FX3 is in play mode you will now have a early warning device that will give you a 6 volts jolt across your ballocks that will confirm that your FoxPro is in it's all singing and dancing mode ???
You also have to bare in mind "I have NO technical knowledge whatsoever if this idea will work or if it will cause any permanent injuries to your ballocks" and you should evaluate the upside or downside to this idea and the possible long term damage to your "Kahunas" before undertaking a field trial etc.
(You will have to excuse the humour it's a very quite day here in West Wales)
Phil
I have the exact gismo type gadget idea that you are looking for to sort out your "is it or isn't it dilemma of volume or no volume
You also have to bare in mind "I have NO technical knowledge whatsoever if this idea will work or if it will cause any permanent injuries to your ballocks" and you should evaluate the upside or downside to this idea and the possible long term damage to your "Kahunas" before undertaking a field trial etc.



- 22-250jock
- Posts: 2437
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 17:53
- Location: west sussex
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
trouble is Phil, when the electic shock hits, Rod's going to sqeal in a very high pitched voice..........
then again, it may have the desired effect, ........ you know.......a vixen mating call type of scream. could bring foxes in from a long way off
go on Rodders, give it a go and see if it works.....you could allways patent the idea
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,
― Edward Abbey,
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
hairyyoda wrote:Rodders. (Dave ?)![]()
I have the exact gismo type gadget idea that you are looking for to sort out your "is it or isn't it dilemma of volume or no volumecoming from your FoxPro."
It's a long roll of thin two core cable, 2 small crocodile clips and a jack plug, connect the jack plug to one end of the roll of cable and then connect the 2 small crocodile clips to the other end of the roll of cable and then plug the jack plug into the auxiliary output on the FX3, now attach the neutral wired crocodile clip "slowly and carefully" to your left testicle and then repeat the same and attach the live wired crocodile clip "again slowly and carefully" to your right testicle. Now hopefully assuming that the auxiliary port output will only function when your FX3 is in play mode you will now have a early warning device that will give you a 6 volts jolt across your ballocks that will confirm that your FoxPro is in it's all singing and dancing mode ???
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You also have to bare in mind "I have NO technical knowledge whatsoever if this idea will work or if it will cause any permanent injuries to your ballocks" and you should evaluate the upside or downside to this idea and the possible long term damage to your "Kahunas" before undertaking a field trial etc.(You will have to excuse the humour it's a very quite day here in West Wales)
![]()
![]()
![]()
Phil
Phil, you're all heart mate, so good of you to sit down and come up with such a fool proof plan
But, on a more serious note (on here, you have to be joking
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Rod.
It's for one of those furry jigly thing-a-me bobs that work off the Aux button on the remote, you know the ones the "faux rabbit fur on a motor on a spike gismo " Phil (the early versions were called Jack-in-a-box, it's a mobile lure attractor)
It's for one of those furry jigly thing-a-me bobs that work off the Aux button on the remote, you know the ones the "faux rabbit fur on a motor on a spike gismo " Phil (the early versions were called Jack-in-a-box, it's a mobile lure attractor)



Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Ah, separate button then
Wonder if the aux speaker jack runs at the same time as the fitted speakers, or does it disconnect one or 'tother
Think I'll wait for Bruce to check it out otherwise I'll end up wrecking it
Think I'll wait for Bruce to check it out otherwise I'll end up wrecking it
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
Rod.
I did find a wireless set up that I wanted to get for a extra extension speaker for a Wildfire a while ago but the seller backed out after I won the Ebay.com auction because he said it was to cheap ?
This type of idea but a far better professional quality that musicians use >>>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Useful-Wireless ... SwBahVYBFu this is it 331563138471
I will look for the make, I have got some emails somewhere ? google wireless microphone/speaker, musicians like violinists/guitarists/singers use that type of "no leads set up" same idea.
I have a top of the range
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171184964994?ss ... 1436.l2649
here that can take up to 6 or so wireless speakers, make is called Gametraks. It will play a symphony to the wildlife through several speakers that can be "custom" set up, the remote functions are endless and you need a degree to get through the manual
this might be easier 171184964994.
Phil
I did find a wireless set up that I wanted to get for a extra extension speaker for a Wildfire a while ago but the seller backed out after I won the Ebay.com auction because he said it was to cheap ?
This type of idea but a far better professional quality that musicians use >>>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Useful-Wireless ... SwBahVYBFu this is it 331563138471
I will look for the make, I have got some emails somewhere ? google wireless microphone/speaker, musicians like violinists/guitarists/singers use that type of "no leads set up" same idea.
I have a top of the range
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171184964994?ss ... 1436.l2649
here that can take up to 6 or so wireless speakers, make is called Gametraks. It will play a symphony to the wildlife through several speakers that can be "custom" set up, the remote functions are endless and you need a degree to get through the manual
Phil



Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
We're getting a bit complicated for me here
I have to have things simple
I really dislike technology, it goes wrong then winds me up
Only problem is, it's here to stay and you have to use it or get left behind 
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
Re: Foxpro and my lugoles
If there's no way of building something in to it I'll tape one of these to it, supposed to be 300yd range. Turn volume down and just use the led
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 466518.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 466518.htm
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"
"Argo, a great 8x8"
"Argo, a great 8x8"

















