newbi

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Post Reply
genisis22
Posts: 357
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:37
Location: South Bristol

newbi

Post by genisis22 » 17 Jul 2012, 17:20

:D hi guys just joined forum, looking forward to chatting with you all, I am in my sixties been shootin all but 10yrs of that, dad would not let me have a gun till I was 10, but I was deadly with a catty, who remembers donkey elastic 9d a yrd, just under 5p today, I live in south bristol right near the field and slopes of dundry, been using a sony dcr pc5e to gether with other not so succesfull models still you learn as you go on, now I have a yukon nvrs 2.5x50 mini osprey that I have,nt used in anger, as it were, think the 2.5 is a little understated, are the doublers worth having and what are your opinions of scope, had a look around on forum before I asked cant see to much on nvrs sights, probably looking in wrong place any pointers wecome thanks guys,

User avatar
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 7350
Joined: 10 Jun 2012, 17:51
Location: buxton, derbyshire

Re: newbi

Post by sunndog » 17 Jul 2012, 17:29

welcome aboard mate

i have a nvrs-f titanium, yep the doubler is well worth having IMO...does cut a bit of light out tho
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

genisis22
Posts: 357
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:37
Location: South Bristol

Re: newbi

Post by genisis22 » 17 Jul 2012, 17:37

hi sunndog, I have an odic force ir will this help as it is a bit bright anyway, using the doubler and the light reduction may even things out a bit, I only tend to shoot rats at the 15/25 yd range anyway, where is the best place to get the right doubler, thanks for response,

silent shooter
FOUNDER
Posts: 1826
Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 10:30
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: newbi

Post by silent shooter » 17 Jul 2012, 19:13

Welcome to the forum buddy im sure there will be plenty of members along to help you out with your questions,they are a good bunch on here and also very helpful.Im not saying they will be able to answer all your questions,but if they cant they will point you in the right direction,hope you enjoy the forum ;)

atb Geoff

User avatar
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 7350
Joined: 10 Jun 2012, 17:51
Location: buxton, derbyshire

Re: newbi

Post by sunndog » 17 Jul 2012, 19:26

if yer only shooting out to 25yrds i dont think i would bother tbh mate. maybe a led i.r would be better for ya
it'll give you a much cleaner image than the odicforce
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

genisis22
Posts: 357
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:37
Location: South Bristol

Re: newbi

Post by genisis22 » 18 Jul 2012, 07:18

thanks for advice guys will take advice on board.

cozzy
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Apr 2012, 10:50
Location: sheffield

Re: newbi

Post by cozzy » 18 Jul 2012, 10:08

hi mate is your osprey the model with the fixed or variable focus

genisis22
Posts: 357
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:37
Location: South Bristol

Re: newbi

Post by genisis22 » 18 Jul 2012, 12:51

hi cozzy it is fixed focus, is there a way to fine focus these scopes

Post Reply