Intro

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Super10

Intro

Post by Super10 » 13 Jan 2021, 18:49

Evening folks thanks for the ad am an old bugger with over 50yrs of shooting from co2 pistols through to buffalo centerfire rifles,but a total newbie to this kind of thing all I want is a cheap as chips nv (furloughed+redundent)to playwith,looking at y/tube it seems like I have most to bits to build a reversing camera based one apart from a power source ,do these work well enough to start off,and what's the smallest battery I could get away with.
Cheers in advance jb

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Intro

Post by some bloke » 13 Jan 2021, 19:07

Hiya and welcome to the forum JB. There will be umpteen builds to get ideas from in the DIY section, unfortunately a lot of images in the posts will have gone when a file host many of us used stopped being free.

The 'go to' battery that most of us use(d) is in the link below, I didn't recommend them in the past as their cabling was round with a possibility in my mind to short them out when hardwiring as they don't have an isolating switch but they are now using twin side by side cabling that is safer for beginner fiddlers to cut.

Alternatively many of us used 18650 batteries - free if you have any old laptop battery packs you can breakdown. The main thing that fails in a lappy pack is the circuitry that balances each cell to the same power.

https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/12v-r ... -led-copy/

Anyway get a cushion fluffed up, slap the wifes ass for coffee on the hour every hour while you pass away a good few hours in the DIY section.

blueeyes

Re: Intro

Post by blueeyes » 13 Jan 2021, 19:12

Welcome to the forum JB :thumbup: