These are listed as DVR's which of course might interest some of us but the vendor is refusing to supply any recording resolution or video format information. Could a few of you try to get some sense from them.
Am I missing some detail or does anyone else think it looks like there is no record function despite having an SD card port?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121715739642
False advertising?
- some bloke
- NON EMMET
- Posts: 9501
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
- Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes
- fizzbangwhallop
- Posts: 2613
- Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 11:27
- Location: north herts
Re: False advertising?
As soon as I saw Portsmouth as the location Dave, it rang alarm bells! If you click on the contact details it defaults to the Far East.
A few months ago I was looking for a 5 or 7" display with a high resolution for my Spotter in a Box project......Bruce pointed me at a monitor screen that mounts to the hotshoe of digital SLR cameras and is connected to the camera's display...I forget the name of the actual unit..began with a V? Vectis or something like that? I found 5 or 6 eBay ads for the same thing or similar, different seller names but all located in Portsmouth or Gosport, all with a lot of sales but also a high proportion of negative feedback.
eg.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-Camera-T ... SwdpxUYdHD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-on-Camer ... SwgQ9VtzXk
Digging deeper I managed to find out that the company behind it had universal poor reviews.
I bought a Lilliput unit instead.
A classic case of buyer beware.... Of course it might be fine but I'm always wary of a company that trades under many names.
Cheers
Fizz

A few months ago I was looking for a 5 or 7" display with a high resolution for my Spotter in a Box project......Bruce pointed me at a monitor screen that mounts to the hotshoe of digital SLR cameras and is connected to the camera's display...I forget the name of the actual unit..began with a V? Vectis or something like that? I found 5 or 6 eBay ads for the same thing or similar, different seller names but all located in Portsmouth or Gosport, all with a lot of sales but also a high proportion of negative feedback.
eg.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-Camera-T ... SwdpxUYdHD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-on-Camer ... SwgQ9VtzXk
Digging deeper I managed to find out that the company behind it had universal poor reviews.
I bought a Lilliput unit instead.
A classic case of buyer beware.... Of course it might be fine but I'm always wary of a company that trades under many names.
Cheers
Fizz

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting.
















