Rumours on the wind from Asia

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Post Reply
User avatar
hairyyoda
Posts: 1004
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 18:26
Location: Carmarthenshire

Rumours on the wind from Asia

Post by hairyyoda » 04 Dec 2015, 23:25

Hello all. :wave:
Apparently there are a "glut" of these "still" waiting to flood the market :lol: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Night ... SwFGNWTWXs starting price is getting lower and lower every month :thumbup: if all else fails you could buy one as a stocking filler for a Christmas present for one of the children or grandchildren :clap: :lol:
Thanks Phil
ImageImageImage

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY
Posts: 9676
Joined: 09 May 2012, 14:40
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Rumours on the wind from Asia

Post by phoenix » 05 Dec 2015, 09:29

I bought one of these when they first came out - tempted by the supposed NV range finding capability.
I can honestly say that this is the worst piece of NV equipment I have ever used
The inbuilt IR is rubbish, and the near eye display resolution is terrible.
It's a shame really, because the idea is excellent.
If they had used a decent camera, and decent display it could have been a real winner.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: Rumours on the wind from Asia

Post by some bloke » 05 Dec 2015, 16:46

I'm glad I waited a while and saw some being sold on soon after they were bought.

I'm a bit slow sometimes but that's enough indication for me that the hype about them was just that. :angel:

Post Reply