EJ230 crosshair instructional video

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

EJ230 crosshair instructional video

Post by some bloke » 28 Apr 2014, 09:29

A quick video to show how the EJ230 camera crosshair is generated using the privacy zones within the On Screen Display menu (OSD) - and how they are adjusted to align the POA with the POI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2J_lxl ... e=youtu.be

rangerdave

Re: EJ230 crosshair instructional video

Post by rangerdave » 28 Apr 2014, 09:40

Nice one Dave, one for "sticky" I think!

Have you had any experience with other cross-hair generators, I have one ordered off Igor for my scopeless build?

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 28 Apr 2014, 10:13

rangerdave wrote:Nice one Dave, one for "sticky" I think!

Have you had any experience with other cross-hair generators, I have one ordered off Igor for my scopeless build?
Yer Dave, this was done with my somewhat agricultural original Watec scopeless rig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ekLH7Rr08

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 28 Apr 2014, 11:22

Nice post, Dave.

Now a 'locked' 'sticky' too :thumbup:

George

AirGunJord

Post by AirGunJord » 28 Apr 2014, 11:27

Just what I needed, ordered a set of Millet windage adjustable mounts so I can finally get my scopeless up and running. Will need this to set the vertical POI and minor corrections to the horizontal.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 28 Apr 2014, 13:58

AirGunJord wrote:Just what I needed, ordered a set of Millet windage adjustable mounts so I can finally get my scopeless up and running. Will need this to set the vertical POI and minor corrections to the horizontal.
OMG - someone who does it proper like. :thumbup:

I find a couple of layers of masking tape on the lower part of the rear mount provides enough 'down' to put the reticle reasonably central height wise. I mostly find the windage is reasonably central - given the monitor is wide screen. If not a bit more masking tape does the job being as its self adhesive and not squidgy like vinyl.

AirGunJord

Post by AirGunJord » 28 Apr 2014, 14:14

:D :D :D

I've tried that in the past but don't have the patience to keep altering the Privacy mask. My red button on my EJ has also broken off so makes any adjustments a nightmare. Do you know if additional OSD cables can be ordered off Sure24 or not? Could do with mine on a cable above the tube.

AirGunJord

Post by AirGunJord » 28 Apr 2014, 14:27

EDIT: just rang sure24. Asked about cable OSD for my EJ230. They are sending an email direct to manufacturer in S.Korea so I'll be waiting a few days for a reply. I'm guessing that the OSD should be simelar to the rest of my sony OSD cables? If so I'm onto a winner as I will be able to fine tune the groupings with ease.

Had all the parts to do the build here for about 3-4 months and haven't yet done it done it for to this zero set back.

Alas, there is light at the end of the night vision tunnel!

Ash.

Post by Ash. » 28 Apr 2014, 16:41

Nice one Dave. :thumbup:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 28 Apr 2014, 17:19

Guys,
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll get an EJ230 with cables for the OSD.
I've been all over the innards of this camera and there's no place on the circuit board where an OSD cable can be attached.
The OSD joystick at the back of the camera is on a little plug in circuit board, so I suppose it's possible that manufacturer could produce another plug in circuit board with an OSD cable set instead of the joystick.
Having said that, I don't think any of their cameras have an OSD cable set fitted to them
The only way to get a remote joystick is to desolder (or destroy) the existing joystick and solder wires onto the pads on the circuit board where the joystick was.
For my Futon scopeless builds I've had a small circuit board made which has the joystick switch and also a switch to control the brightness and contrast of a near eye display.
I had 50 of these small circuit boards made, so if anyone wants their EJ230/E700 joystick made separate from the camera then pm to sort out the details.
Here's some pics to show what i've done
This is the camera modified with the cables for both the joystick and the power and video. A total of 9 wires which terminate in that very small connector
This is the front of the circuit board showing the joystick switch (the tall one) and the brightness/contrast switch for the near eye display. if you're not using a near eye display then this switch is not needed
This is the rear of the circuit board showing the connectors for the camera, near eye display and power in/video out
This is the camera and the power in/video connected to the circuit board

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR