scopless

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
bones61

scopless

Post by bones61 » 19 Nov 2013, 11:23

morning all
well my attempts at useing a scope front wasnt quite as sucessfull as mr sedstars so i mucked about last night for an hour and here is my compact scoped build

:lol: please egnore the 30ft of wire its all i had till my connections get here , i even had to rip out a male conecter from an old laptop to conect to battery just so i can play . anyway i use an old 3-9x40 ags cheepo scope but it stays true to centre and does what i need it to . this has threads on the eye peice so i removed the lense from the rear of the cut up scope and screwd them both together , stuck the ej230 up the back end jobs a good un . it works a treat but its not as clean or clear as the first attempt with just the scope front . now we only have the one gun each and ill be building two units so no swaping about , so wanted to try a scopless build , its only air rifle range so no 3oo yards needed but im a lot lost on lense to be honest , i would like a fixed say 5-6 times mag if possible . now if i bought this adapter
http://www.edmundoptics.com/optomechani ... pters/3178 . like young mr rolaids which lense would you recomend . or would something like this improve things enuf but wouldnt give the mag
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321237546723? ... 1423.l2649

i dont have a laith but i aint bad with a file :shock: to make the adaptor fit . and if i made a mount to take a cs lense i think it is could the hole in the front of the bullet cam be opend up any say from 12 to 18mm to aid things or would this not help the image and internal electrickery . i hope some of this makes sence and one of you fine gents can help , ive read thrue the scopless builds from the search which was where i got the idea of opening up the front , but that could be a trick of the picture

and this is the state of my other workshop after three days of playing , also known as the wifes dining room :shock: is there any wonder she has the divorce courts on speed dial :lol:
the problem with the written word is it has no tone of voice

andybig

Re: scopless

Post by andybig » 19 Nov 2013, 12:09

I found an adapter a load cheaper from china. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1202643148
As a general rule of thumb 10mm = 1X magnification
so a 50mm will give you just over 5 times mag.
60mm = 6 times mag
70mm = 7 times mag (actually closer to 7.5 mag)

But this will give you an idea.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 19 Nov 2013, 13:45

yep, nice tidy set up you got there.....just mind you don't one leg cought in that loop of wire while stalking along a hedge :lol: :lol:
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 19 Nov 2013, 15:12

At a quick glance, that could be my (the wife's-I know who wears the trousers) kitchen table :o

I've got all kinds of stuff piled up at her end of the table. My end is clear ;) It's not one of those mahoosive Downtown Abbey type of tables either. Not got the room for one of those at PESCA Manor.

George

bones61

Post by bones61 » 19 Nov 2013, 19:02

you know andybig i searched ebay for two hours this morning and couldnt find owt like that , mind i supose it helps if you know what your looking for

that coil of wire is the extention lead so i can plug it in at home and still shoot out in a field 300 meters away :lol:

beilieve it or not that side of the table is where i make my sheaths , her side has a sewing machine on it that stops my crap falling off the end :thumbup:

bones61

Post by bones61 » 19 Nov 2013, 19:12

so if i fit that there mount i can then fit something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111004575001? ... 1423.l2649

or a cs lense then fix the zoom where i want and fasten in place to keep zero . if i wanted to fit a m42 lense and bought the adapter to fit the first one would i need to alter the camera again . i think its m42 its all becoming a blure now :lol: so i could fit a proper camera lense . does that make sence

andybig

Post by andybig » 19 Nov 2013, 19:18

Yep but just remember if this scopeless build is using a bullet camera that uses a board lens like the ej230 does you need to remove the exact amount of material from the front of the housing to get the CS lens to focus.
If you have watched rolaids scopeless video you will see ej230 in a lathe.

m_pragnell

Post by m_pragnell » 19 Nov 2013, 19:42

I originally got that lens, it works well for a spotter but there was to much play for it to hold zero when focusing. It's a fixed mag but the focus adjustment is done by screwing the end in and out and although the threads allowed good adjustment there was just to much slack in them. Computar and cosmica both make a 75mm lens with better focus adjustment, they are rare and usually expensive I paid £100 for mine but it is 100 times better down side other than cost is its bigger and heavier.

andybig

Post by andybig » 19 Nov 2013, 19:56

I went for the same lens as in the video.
I did have two spare but i sold them. :cry:
They are fujifilm 1/2" 7-70mm (Dv10x7B)

bones61

Post by bones61 » 19 Nov 2013, 21:05

it is an ej230 , ive watched rolaids vid and see the cam in a lathe , i dont have a lathe but i do have some good files :thumbup: . so that was my question once ive alterd the cam to take the cs lens adapter. if i wanted to fit an m42 is it lense could i just fit the cs to m42 lens adapter to the modifide cam and cs adapter . or would i need to modify the camera further . my head hurts :crazy: the reason i ask is the fatherinlaw has alot of older cameras and lenses , he might have something i can blag off him that may be useable

the lense was just the first one i came across but i shall avoid them now then . i see theres one on eblag finishing soon but seems to of gone up in price quick so will probavbly be out my range by the time it finishes . ill see if i can find one of the recomendid ones or the one from young mr rolaids vid . thank you gents for emparting your knoledge