Hi All

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Diesel(SSE)

Hi All

Post by Diesel(SSE) » 20 Apr 2012, 13:20

Hi Guys,
New to the site and have been very keen on NV stuff for the last couple of years. Must be I'm getting too old to walk all those km's all day seeking my quarry when I could be sitting on my backside waiting for them to come out at night ;) .
Have made up my own digi add-on and am now in the process of figuring out my lightsource. Being in Australia, lasers are a no-no (our pollies dont trust us with what they describe as non-firearm weapons :? ) so am going with LED if I can get the distance I'm looking for. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience in this department, but will keep researching and reading here in the meantime.
Anyways, hope I can get to know a few of you in time. Have been a shooter for over 30 years and feel I have good knowledge of it, but this NV stuff has me a little stumped at times and am always looking to learn as much as I can about something once I decide I'm interested (and I AM now). I'm the sort of bloke who is happy to help out where I can, so let me know if there's any hunting-related info I can help out with particularly if it's Aus-based.
Talk to you all soon :D
Cheers.

PESCA

Re: Hi All

Post by PESCA » 20 Apr 2012, 13:40

Hello Mr Diesel, and 'g'day' to you (sorry, had to be done ;) ) .

Hope you enjoy exchanging ideas with all of the helpful fellas on the forum. Will be interesting for us to see the nv differences too. Guessing you have the same ITAR problems with stuff from The States?

If you get time, a peek at you homebrew nv would be good :)

Welcome.
George

Diesel(SSE)

Post by Diesel(SSE) » 20 Apr 2012, 14:06

Thanks for the welcome George.

Yes, we unfortunately do suffer the same ITAR problems with US gear - selfish Yanks want it all to themselves hahaha.

Surprisingly, NV isnt as popular here as in the UK from what I have seen. I still havent figured out why, as I have been having an absolute ball with mine. A lot of blokes get put off by ready-made gear prices and arent willing to look into it I guess. This is slowly changing, as there are a few who are pushing the home-brew projects and it is gaining ground ;) .
I have some pics of my homebrew on another Aussie forum - am I allowed to post links to it?? (as I havent quite figured out how to post pics here yet, but shouldnt be too hard to figure out if necessary ;) )......

digit

Post by digit » 20 Apr 2012, 14:19

Hi Diesel and welcome, I'm a newbie to the forum, loads of info and helpful guys here, enjoy.

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 20 Apr 2012, 14:24

Hi mate and welcome to the forum,yes no prob posting pics if you look George has put a post explaining tbe best way to add them.

Atb Geoff ;)
Ps links are fine to ;)

Diesel(SSE)

Post by Diesel(SSE) » 20 Apr 2012, 14:32

silent shooter wrote:Hi mate and welcome to the forum,yes no prob posting pics if you look George has put a post explaining tbe best way to add them.

Atb Geoff ;)
Ps links are fine to ;)
Thanks Geoff.

Had a quick read of Georges post on pics. Will need to set up a photobucket account and then will get onto it.

Does the "upload attachment" option (section below when posting a reply) work for images??

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 20 Apr 2012, 15:22

Diesel(SSE) wrote:
silent shooter wrote:Hi mate and welcome to the forum,yes no prob posting pics if you look George has put a post explaining tbe best way to add them.

Atb Geoff ;)
Ps links are fine to ;)
Thanks Geoff.

Had a quick read of Georges post on pics. Will need to set up a photobucket account and then will get onto it.

Does the "upload attachment" option (section below when posting a reply) work for images??
Should do. Failing that, just post a link to wherever your pics are, no problem.

George

Diesel(SSE)

Post by Diesel(SSE) » 20 Apr 2012, 23:35

Will give it a go ;)

In the meantime, here is a vid I took a while ago. Fox vs .22-250. Guess who won ? (hope the link works.....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E0WNLQLYPw

Video was taken with an early prototype. I have since upgraded the camera and have now got much better quality vision. Lamp is an SL170 fitted with manufacturer's IR filter - very pricey here and a real amp sucker...... Really do need to sort that out. Perhaps the subject of another thread. Pity we cant play with lasers :x

verminfilmer

Post by verminfilmer » 21 Apr 2012, 00:29

hi Diesel, welcome to the forum and if your stumped now , wait till you see what the youngsters come up with on here lol,, ATB john

Diesel(SSE)

Post by Diesel(SSE) » 21 Apr 2012, 03:45

Figured out the pics :P

Here you go George - My final prototype homebrew add-on. Just need to figure out my (LED) lightsource and she's done...
Attachments
NV(small).JPG
NV(small).JPG (74.89 KiB) Viewed 5028 times