Drone Pro Mount from Neil Mckillop

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Gudge

Re: Drone Pro Mount from Neil Mckillop

Post by Gudge » 17 Jul 2017, 21:04

My .243 took 7 months for a like for like!?!
However just got my 22-250 which was an addition in 43 days :D :clap: maybe things are changing.

Also they now don't cash the cheques until they process your paperwork rather than 2 days after sending it in. They send you a text when it's been granted and posted back too, very efficient.

Disco_GT3

Post by Disco_GT3 » 17 Jul 2017, 23:52

Gudge wrote:My .243 took 7 months for a like for like!?!
However just got my 22-250 which was an addition in 43 days :D :clap: maybe things are changing.

Also they now don't cash the cheques until they process your paperwork rather than 2 days after sending it in. They send you a text when it's been granted and posted back too, very efficient.
I'd settle for 43 days! only been a couple of working weeks though unfortunately so best case still a month or two to go. It does feel as though things are moving in the right direction at TVP on occasion.

I was going to call this week to check it hadnt ended up in the bin after it was signed for, as my cheque hadnt been checked in the normal time span of about 3 milliseconds. And texts when granted and posted...blimey!

Did they contact you to discuss the 22-250 addition out of interest?

Gudge

Post by Gudge » 18 Jul 2017, 05:26

Yes they did briefly call, didnt come out though.

Funny thing is I rang for the same reason after seeing that my cheque had been cashed after a month and they said they hadn't received it, this was at 4pm I decided I could fill out a new form and cheque and hand deliver it that day I live about 45mins from their offices only to be rang when I was about 5 mins away from their office having displayed some driving only Schumacher could have appreciated, telling me they had found it :oops:

Disco_GT3

Post by Disco_GT3 » 19 Jul 2017, 03:05

Gudge wrote:Yes they did briefly call, didnt come out though.

Funny thing is I rang for the same reason after seeing that my cheque had been cashed after a month and they said they hadn't received it, this was at 4pm I decided I could fill out a new form and cheque and hand deliver it that day I live about 45mins from their offices only to be rang when I was about 5 mins away from their office having displayed some driving only Schumacher could have appreciated, telling me they had found it :oops:
Haha, quality service! :crazy: May be thats why it only took 43 days, thought they better pull their finger out after losing it for 4 weeks...

Gudge

Post by Gudge » 25 Jul 2017, 07:27

ATTENTION TO ALL!!

I've been on the telephone to Neil this morning. He is some what lets say pissed off. He said he's spent the last 3 days machining the mounts for us and has done the final checks before getting them ceracoated to find that all the steel has stressed causing the mounts to bow. He thinks it was all out of a bad piece of steel and he's not willing to send them out as they will all be miles out of zero. Consequently as there was such little money in these anyway he has told me he's not willing to give it another go. I'm not an engineer and don't really understand the causes all I know is he's as frustrated as I am for letting people down. I did send me a picture of all the pre made mounts he's put in the bin. So apologies from both me and him fortunately this is why I was unwilling to take any money up front incase an issue like this arose.

Now I'm in need of another mount!!!

Sam

camo304

Post by camo304 » 25 Jul 2017, 08:41

Not to worrie bud :thumbup:

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 25 Jul 2017, 08:56

Thanks for letting us know Sam.... frustrating for all of us but more so for Neil losing the time and effort.

Give him my regards next time you speak to him,

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Jul 2017, 09:15

Not to worrie Gudge, I have found a solution for the X10 Drone i have modified mine and since i've done it i haven't missed, i have also done the same mod for my mate using the original mount. we are going to at some point this week to zero his Rifle and see if we get the same results.

If all is good then i will post up on here with a picture of the mod

Kevgun

Gudge

Post by Gudge » 25 Jul 2017, 09:35

That would be great kevgun,
I would be interested to see it!

Neil was really disheartened to be fair especially as it was right at the end he's lost quite a bit of money too in materials and time.

What's the best steel piccatinny rail then? I spoke to john Carr before I started on these mounts he does a reverse extended steel rail which apparently people use for the drone. Alan Rhone and Tier One I've herd could be another option or just the standard Rail.

Sam

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Jul 2017, 09:42

I just have the standard Picatinny Rail that is mounted on the Tikka T3 super Varmint, so i wouldn't know however personal choice for me would be something made of Steel, i did try a Contessa rail for my Sako 85s but when i put the Drone on it canted over to the right and i would have had to mill some of the mount away, so i made my own mount out of a couple of optiloc bases and a steel picatinny blank, that seems to work ok.

Kev