Looking for an add on for rimfire and center fire

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
warbucks

Re: Looking for an add on for rimfire and center fire

Post by warbucks » 09 Dec 2017, 17:04

muntjackdjb wrote:
some bloke wrote:
muntjackdjb wrote:I don't like the big screen type. So wanted an in line type.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
That about limits your choice of an add on to a used NT300 (one on the bay) or a WDV.
Which would be your choice?
What about tubed ?
Regards Dan

The NT 300 has ABOUT 2hrs constant battery life when the batteries are new, when they age you can be down to less than 1 hr, like the one i bought.

Tubed add on's.
I owned a pvs 14 pinicle for around 5 years, about 6 months ago i sold it on, within 2 weeks it was on the stalking directory for £2,600, IMO to get the most out of tubed add on's you have to use a very powerful LASER, led's just white out the picture when you mag up, on nights when there is a lot of moon light and your use i/r as well, the i/r and moon light mix, giving a s*it picture, extreme care has to be taken with tubed stuff or accidental "light" can damage the tube ie laser left turned on while carrying rifle muzzle down, ect.

IMO you want to be buying a "Wardy" 700/800, if you buy the 800, i suggest you get the L model, as it allows you to bold up a FINE cross hair, the 700 or 800s can struggle here.

Dave (warbucks)

muntjackdjb

Post by muntjackdjb » 09 Dec 2017, 17:59

warbucks wrote:
muntjackdjb wrote:
some bloke wrote:
That about limits your choice of an add on to a used NT300 (one on the bay) or a WDV.
Which would be your choice?
What about tubed ?
Regards Dan

The NT 300 has ABOUT 2hrs constant battery life when the batteries are new, when they age you can be down to less than 1 hr, like the one i bought.

Tubed add on's.
I owned a pvs 14 pinicle for around 5 years, about 6 months ago i sold it on, within 2 weeks it was on the stalking directory for £2,600, IMO to get the most out of tubed add on's you have to use a very powerful LASER, led's just white out the picture when you mag up, on nights when there is a lot of moon light and your use i/r as well, the i/r and moon light mix, giving a s*it picture, extreme care has to be taken with tubed stuff or accidental "light" can damage the tube ie laser left turned on while carrying rifle muzzle down, ect.

IMO you want to be buying a "Wardy" 700/800, if you buy the 800, i suggest you get the L model, as it allows you to bold up a FINE cross hair, the 700 or 800s can struggle here.

Dave (warbucks)
Dave what ir do you advise?
Regards Dan

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 09 Dec 2017, 18:49

For tubed add on's the Dragonfly.
For the Wardy's Some thing AROUND the T66 T74 ish mark, with maybe the new blacksun ruby pill in it, ok this involve's two suppliers, irlightbuilds that makes the T66 and T74's, there is no head wobble on either of mine, and they use a 1" single tube, this makes using an adjustable mount a lot easier, at the moment i'm using the T74 with a blacksun2 pill in it for the wardy add on and a T66 for the Drone Pro, but according to the lads that's just bought the new blacksun ruby pill, this gives even more performance, the T20 blacksun ruby pill will fit into either the T66 or T74.

Can you not ask on here if someone local to you can show you their Wardy in action, ive helped sell four of them by demo-ing mine.

Dave (warbucks)
Last edited by warbucks on 09 Dec 2017, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

wall90

Post by wall90 » 09 Dec 2017, 18:50

if you do get a second hand nt300 you can use an external batteries I did with mine.i then took the nt300 apart unplugged the batteries made a note of them and got new ones from the bay.i go out for 5 hours a night and have used the nt300 for two trips(10 hours aprox)and did not get a flat battery.i spot with a roof top spotter or thermal and only switch on the nt300 for a shot.i have not used a ward 700/800 but they are the only ones still being produced and second hand ones do come up from time to time.the nt300 that is on the bay at the moment does come with a lot of accessories,the choice is yours.