NV spotter/rangefinder for sale

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Cottis

NV spotter/rangefinder for sale

Post by Cottis » 23 Apr 2017, 09:53

Any questions just shout but hopefully pics will be self explanatory. Used a handful of times but I no longer shoot rabbits at night at rimfire ranges, so this is surplus to requirements. These units have been covered on this forum. They are no good for long range spotting (although I have not tried it with additional IR) but for ranges out to 60yrds or so, it is a decent addition to the night hunters arsenal when popping bunnies with an Air Rifle or .22LR and ranges really well to remove the difficulty of ranging at night.

Works perfectly no dings or bashes etc. Not sure what to ask, so will say £85 which includes P&P and you can pay by Paypal (not by gift if you would prefer not to so you have cover) Not really sure if that is too much or too little but if it doesn't sell, that will give me my answer :D

First to post on the thread gets it, i will then PM you my email address for payment

Cottis

Re: NV spotter/rangefinder for sale

Post by Cottis » 23 Apr 2017, 09:53

Ovvo the laptop is not included :D

slaphead

Post by slaphead » 23 Apr 2017, 21:19

Guys, these are about £180 each... how the heck is it still available for sale???

Id have it myself but I already have one and as far as 60 yards range goes, if you stick a mount and IR torch on it its good for 200 yards easy.

KEVSPREAD

Post by KEVSPREAD » 24 Apr 2017, 09:22

slaphead wrote:Guys, these are about £180 each... how the heck is it still available for sale???

Id have it myself but I already have one and as far as 60 yards range goes, if you stick a mount and IR torch on it its good for 200 yards easy.
agree with yer 100% slaphead.. :thumbup:
kevspread@aol.com
i hope that when i die my wife dont sell my shooting gear for what i said i'd payed for it😁..!

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 24 Apr 2017, 09:30

Hmmm, food for thought. Maybe I will take it out with an IR torch later to see if it would be any good for spotting foxes out to a coupla hundred yards. I was considering getting a thermal but buying another IR torch would be considerably cheaper. They don't mind red glows in my area.

Beretta Shooter

Post by Beretta Shooter » 24 Apr 2017, 11:53

Go on then, if you still want to sell it I'll take it. The range finder will certainly be handy at night.
Pm me with payment details.

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 24 Apr 2017, 12:03

Beretta Shooter wrote:Go on then, if you still want to sell it I'll take it. The range finder will certainly be handy at night.
Pm me with payment details.
Hi

Sorry to be an absolute PITA. I am going to check to see tonight how far I can extend the range using some more IR due to what the guys said above. I will post some feedback later with some honest answers. If I feel it would be useful for fox ranges, I will probably hang on to it but if I feel it is still more suited to air/rimfire ranges, I will let it go.

Will come back to you asap.

Further apologies for messing you about.

Andrew

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 24 Apr 2017, 20:44

Ok so i popped out for a quick ten minutes (sheeeeet its cold out tonight) just with the basic unit and a T20, I was quietly surprised at how good it is. It is hardly going to set the world alight in terms of out and out clarity but the distance that is possible, along with the benefit of being able to range find with ease makes it worth keeping now. Once I have a mount and the T50 on it, I can imagine it being pretty useful for spotting beyond .22LR ranges.

Thanks to everyone who looked at the thread and apologies to Beretta for mucking you about. If I decide to part with it in future, I shall give you first dibs on it.

Beretta Shooter

Post by Beretta Shooter » 24 Apr 2017, 21:29

No problem mate, to be honest I've plenty of other toys to keep me busy with just now. Was mainly the range finder part that tempted me. Hope it works out for you.
Cheers BS

BUNNYBLASTER6

Post by BUNNYBLASTER6 » 28 Apr 2017, 11:43

Use mine with a T38 AS and can range and see treelines at 500yds +.
Initially thought it was crap ( no distance and very grainy ) until I turned up the brightness to approx 45/46 on the unit - what a difference!!!! Can easily see and range foxes to 300 yds +. Wouldn't be without mine now as very hard to judge distance with doubled photon XT on .222
Mike