S.B. Pistol Grip Spotters - reduced for 2017

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

S.B. Pistol Grip Spotters - reduced for 2017

Post by some bloke » 02 Mar 2016, 07:08

I've had to start using names for my spotters now I have six varieties. This latest one is called a 'Pistol Grip spotter' and is available with a choice of lenses and integrated Infra Red illuminators.

I can supply it with a choice of C mount lenses: 50mm which is great for general rabbit and fox duty - or a 25mm lens for a wider field of view better suited to ratting ranges and the quarry being smaller on the screen. If no size is specified a 50mm lens will be supplied as default.

The ergonomic pistol grip is a more manly hand sized than some I have seen, it has a lanyard loop in it and can be swapped for a tripod or a pan tilt suction mount.

A 5" adjustable brightness monitor acts as a flip off lid to the electronics box that carries three USER SUPPLY FLAT TOP 18650 batteries: I don't supply batteries or chargers so the buyer doesn't need to return the spotter if a battery fails - and if one goes bang because he did something silly he won't be suing me either. :)

Note the two press switches, one for the illuminator and one for the optics - they are very quiet and placed next to each other so they can be individually or collectively activated. Good quality low light cameras like the genuine KPC E700 have better low light performance than cheaper similar sounding one's. This is exploited by making it possible to use the spotter without the illuminator in fair to good moonlight circumstances, or fog for example, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nPsp8jB5g

This is how the box is opened for battery changing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE

Price for the basic integrated T50 IR spotter is now reduced to £200 collected or £213 posted RMSD.
An optional extra 'Black Sun' IR pill can be supplied in the torch at £230 collected or £243 posted RMSD.

I recommend this charger:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITECORE-D4-L ... 1586391328

And if you don't have an old laptop battery to get several 'free' 18650 batteries from, these are a good buy:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222204405077

Can be supplied with a pan and tilt suction mount for fitting to the windscreen or sunroof - with the monitor trailing into the car - please order it as a 'suction mount spotter' if you want this option, and indicate if you would like the switches and lens to the right or left side of the device for easier control from inside the truck by the driver or gate bitch :angel:
Last edited by some bloke on 01 Jan 2017, 18:43, edited 12 times in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: S.B. Pistol Grip Spotters for sale.

Post by some bloke » 23 Jul 2016, 14:57

The wider view rimfire range rabbiting choice.

Some people find that despite seeking a 'long range' spotter they inadvertently get one with a narrow field of view that is great at doing what they thought they wanted but at the expense of not seeing a wide enough area. An example is when one is fitted to the roof of a truck with a magnet or suction mount. A long lens is great for large areas of level ground but poor for small fields that have undulations, if the car points down hill the camera does too so you lose some field of view.

Most spotters with comparable cameras will see the same distance but with the size of quarry image on the screen and field of view having different merits. Can I suggest potential spotter buyers carefully consider what THEY want for their own specific needs rather than ask and buy what someone feels is the best in general.

I have this additional 'mid field of view'' version on the go now with a 35mm lens that offers an ideal compromise between a 50mm lens (best for foxing) and a 25mm lens that is optimised for ratting, both will encompass rabbit but not excel at it. The 35mm lens will be able to see a wider field of view to avoid potentially missing closer quarry that would otherwise have been off the screen with a 50mm lens. I have found this 1/2" format lens has better clarity than any of the budget 35mm C mount lenses I tried and the F2 stop is more focus tolerant so there is less need to be adjusting the focus between ranges we use.

If rimfire or air range rabbit plays the largest part of your night hunting this is the one for you.

This model has an integrated regular T50 illuminator with an AS pill fitted. The final electrical connection of the IR pill has been terminated with a strip connector that simplifies things for the user to change the LED pill when newer better LED's become available. current models do not have the RCA out socket seen here.

As with all of my spotters, I can supply an extension cable that allows the pistol grip spotter unit to be mounted or held high - but the monitor can be placed out of sight inside a truck, inside an open jacket or even on the grass. I've often felt it seems a bit risky holding a spotter up so any quarry behind me can easily see the monitor.

This has my usual genuine KPC E700 camera that is at the top of the affordable camera list - rather than a cheaper "E 700" camera that has a space between the 'E' and the '700. When comparing cameras used in home build spotters check if there is a space between the 'E' and the '700', some members will know the higher cost comes with better low light performance. :angel:

This model is priced at £190 collected or £203 shipped RMSD.

Shows the user supply batteries fitted - these were free one's from inside an old laptop battery. 8-)

The F.2 35mm lens has a tension spring and will rarely need adjusting because it has a better depth of focus than F1.4 C mount lenses.
Last edited by some bloke on 01 Jan 2017, 13:50, edited 4 times in total.

Boe

Post by Boe » 12 Aug 2016, 18:23

Hi
I will buy this from you if its still available can you PM me with payment details
Cheers Boe

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 13 Aug 2016, 01:38

Boe wrote:Hi
I will buy this from you if its still available can you PM me with payment details
Cheers Boe
The rimfire spec version is sold to Boe. :angel:

hussar

Post by hussar » 22 Aug 2016, 19:47

as per my pm one pistol grip spotter with c mount fitting no lens thanks i have my own let me know price and method of payment cheers trev

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 23 Aug 2016, 03:42

hussar wrote:as per my pm one pistol grip spotter with c mount fitting no lens thanks i have my own let me know price and method of payment cheers trev
Thanks Trev, I won't lose track of who wants what now its on here lol. Further to my last message to you, I am now expecting more Black Sun pills by the weekend so you can choose that option - or a regular Chinese T50 AS pill and save £20 - anticipated postage day would be next Monday. As you want it for foxing I'd suggest paying the extra £30 for the Black Sun pill but that is your choice.

PM on its way.

Springermad1

Post by Springermad1 » 26 Aug 2016, 06:47

Hi,

I would like to buy one of your spotters if possible. I have a nite site wolf and need a good spotter. By all accounts you have a good one. Can you send me some info regarding when they are available and batteries and chargers.

Regards

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 26 Aug 2016, 07:10

Springermad1 wrote:Hi,

I would like to buy one of your spotters if possible. I have a nite site wolf and need a good spotter. By all accounts you have a good one. Can you send me some info regarding when they are available and batteries and chargers.

Regards
Hiya S1, welcome to the forum. :angel:

I should be able to sort one early next week - waiting for parts due tomorrow. As said in one of the posts above I don't supply batteries or chargers, there are links to one's I recommend. The 18650 cells in the photo's are from laptop batteries.

Springermad1

Post by Springermad1 » 26 Aug 2016, 19:36

:thumbup:

john hind

Post by john hind » 06 Sep 2016, 20:09

Hi CAN i order one of your fox spotters please asper our Pm . Cheers john