Screw in DSA for MTC and some Hawke scopes.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Screw in DSA for MTC and some Hawke scopes.

Post by some bloke » 24 Mar 2016, 00:24

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't put any photo's of this up? Blimey we all know that is a very rare oversight so without further ado as Mr. S. Pittaway is famous for saying:

Last edited by some bloke on 24 Mar 2016, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 24 Mar 2016, 00:55

Would that the 24 screen could turn the image through 90. Daystate Air Ranger and it is such a lump b4 you put the gubbins on. Bleddy wires everywhere, target turrets - so called and battery wire trailing. The screen juts out on the left unlike your image of the clean inline system on your rifle. I must make a proper stand to put the outfit on. I feel slightly embarassed now having rubbished the Floplast stuff - funny thing when you start getting into the mindset of someone like marky 610. You have to go that place like most of the guys on this forum and only then start to see the zen chronicle emerge. Sorry to rattle on.

New note 15/06/16 my spotter screen does indeed re orientate if moved through 90 degrees. The image is in the vertical plane and works well just like one of those new fangled phone thingies. However would not use it at this orientation ordinarily. I have yet to hear from another forum member that they have noticed this transformation.
Last edited by pickle on 15 Jun 2016, 19:11, edited 2 times in total.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Screen orientation.

Post by pickle » 24 Mar 2016, 12:10

I must add that my original observation was correct that in fact the (spotter screen) view will re orientate through 90 degrees. How come no body else has mentioned this. Are you all a bleddy sleep.

Spotter Screen definitely does re orientate the view through 90 so have obviously not become somewhat spatially impaired. The only thing I noticed was that changing the zoom (scope zoom) effects the view so camera tube needs to be adjusted in/out to get full frame so to speak. I need to get out more. By the way is it the IR strength and focus that has the most effect on how far the E700 will 'see'.
Last edited by pickle on 15 Jun 2016, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Screen orientation.

Post by some bloke » 24 Mar 2016, 12:30

pickle wrote:Screen definitely does not re orientate the view through 90 so have obviously become somewhat spatially impaired. The only thing I noticed was that changing the zoom effects the view so camera tube needs to be adjusted in/out to get full frame so to speak. I need to get out more. By the way is it the IR strength and focus that has the most effect on how far the E700 will 'see'. So stronger IR illumination - see
further?

You've totally lost me on the first part. :P

In darkness yes more or less - but you can impair how far it sees by swamping local areas with more light than the camera needs so it shutters down its overall performance. Think about what happens if a bright light is shone into your night adjusted eyes - you squint yes?

Many users bash out more light than the camera needs and if you are really observant you will see the screen image very briefly flood out before the camera sort of squints enough to manage it within a few milliseconds.

Its not very well publicised but aiming an illuminator high on the monitor generally helps to keep the Auto Gain Control working as it should.

Keeping the image off the skyline that has a load of ambient IR helps too. We have a video about that don't we boys and girls? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYz4AoBtwY

I'd really like to see 'letterbox' LED illuminators come out to play. Maybe Clive would have the knowledge for that next trick in IR torch technology.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 25 Mar 2016, 12:41

your a very nice chap and very patient. And sorry, I do realise that it has all been said before and have bookmarked your girls and boys YT IR video. However there are some chaps here saying they can see much much further than my 100yds or so with much the same kit. So it follows that I do get a bit confused with the distance issues/claims put forward here by some of the NV clientele. As I have said before elsewhere I never thought that I would be able to see THIS far with this much clarity/definition (100yds or so) in my own lifetime for the price and efficacy of The SURE kit. Am delighted thus far but now I want more (like Oliver) cos you guys seemingly have it and I want it - so there. However I know that you guys find spoon-feeding complete anathema and I fully understand. So am i looking at kit that is of variable quality (unobtainium), urm, lenses out the there that only exist in the ether and so forth cos I don't mind experimenting if the truth is out there. What say you Mulder..
Last edited by pickle on 25 Mar 2016, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 25 Mar 2016, 14:00

for some bloke, sorry i don't know how to set this message up as a notification. Have just looked at your YT vid re flare, over illumination etc and will look in to it. Have also just seen yet another adaptation of Delrin screw in MTC DSA by some bloke with extra thread that takes Floplast end cap. I can't keep up with this moving feast and must protest. Your like some mischievous genie escaped from the bottle. Having bought the very nice CNC'd SURE MTC Delrin adaptor (short thread) I now wish that I hadn't. Is this my comeuppance for being garrulous and flippant of Floplast.

UKAndyB

Post by UKAndyB » 08 Jun 2016, 18:57

Hi,
Following from my email to you, I am interested in one of your camera mounts. Just a few questions, are they now made out of Acetal as your other mounts are, and could you clarify prices/what is included please, eg, how much for

Thanks

Andy

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 08 Jun 2016, 23:24

UKAndyB wrote:Hi,
Following from my email to you, I am interested in one of your camera mounts. Just a few questions, are they now made out of Acetal as your other mounts are, and could you clarify prices/what is included please, eg, how much for

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, I have copy/pasted the first post here for you and yes they are CNC machined from a solid acetal rod. What you choose at what prices are as stated, I think the information is complete but if something is not clear please let me know and I'll try to make it clearer because if its not clear for you it may not be for others.

These DSA's are made to screw into the ocular adjustment wheels of MTC and some Hawke rifle scopes.

They have an extended thread so that if a very hard knock damages the thread, the front can be faced back a little to expose fresh threading. Note how I wasn't being dainty about handling the scope with one fitted - I was very surprised at how strong those fine threads are. :o

A video imparts more than text and photo's can so have a quick look - It starts with the last production stages in a CNC machine that cost about £40K.

They are available now and introduced at £24 each - (or £29 with the same Floplas end fitting - but with the ribs machined off the screwcap + £6 RMSD.

https://youtu.be/QGB_nFx_KIU

Finally - some photo's:

Last edited by some bloke on 03 Sep 2016, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

UKAndyB

Post by UKAndyB » 10 Jun 2016, 08:45

HI,
Thanks for the reply.
Could I have one of the un-machined ones please.
I'll just pm you with just one more question (sorry), and you can give me your details.

Thanks for your patience!! :crazy:

Andy

Owd Red

Post by Owd Red » 03 Sep 2016, 06:40

Hi Dave could I order one of your MTC DSA adopters please, I have pm you my details.