Another M42 SLR lens spotter for sale SOLD

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Another M42 SLR lens spotter for sale SOLD

Post by some bloke » 06 Feb 2016, 13:02

These have a 5" 800x480 resolution monitor with brightness control and an F1.8 prime (fixed mag) 50mm M42 SLR lens - which relates to about 3.5mag if it were a scope.... This is best suited for general purpose rabbit and fox use, the 50mm lens is not suited to close range ratting for example.

Fixed mag and wide lenses have better light transmission than CCTV zoom lenses at anything above minimum zoom - which makes them much more useful for ambient light performance that is beneficial for covert spotting. The F1.8 lens is also slightly more focus tolerant (deeper FOV) than the smaller F1.4 C mount lenses that are more commonly used.

It has a mini weaver rail fitted and is an ideal spotter if you already have a spare illuminator - the T38 shown is not supplied.
Spotters made with quality cameras and lenses do not need as much artificial IR to be used as a rifle scoped add-on needs.

I refuse to skimp on the camera or lens adaptors to make my spotters as cheap as some others - only the very best performing E700 camera is used rather than the cheaper but similar sounding one's that cost about half as much and perform less without an illuminator. There is less difference when an illuminator is used but that is much easier for nocturnal quarry to spot your presence.

I never supply anything with batteries in. It only takes someone to do something silly or a battery to go pop for some blame claim legal firm to come knocking my door... it ain't going to happen. An advantage of the buyer supplying his own 18650 FLAT TOP batteries is the spotter doesn't need to be sent back to me if a battery fails. 18650's keep a charge for ages so its a good idea to keep a spare pair in the truck :angel:

As of now I shall include two free one metre extension cables so the monitor can be used out of the spotter unit, allowing it to trail into a car from out the window or sunroof for example. I have to say there have been times when I wondered if something behind me could see the lit up monitor moving about as I scan. This also improves things if laying up - the monitor can be raised and manipulated while the monitor in in your lap or on the ground.

The long thin neck of the E700 camera body has the 'some bloke' improvement - it is milled back to ensure all of the nice wide lens SLR rear glass element see's all of the CCD sensor. (Stock photo's):

This one has an RCA out socket that can be used for a DVR. A custom made DVR cable with right angled plugs at either end can be supplied as an optional extra at £10 - if ordered with the spotter: I need to know what DVR is to be used as the 4 pole mini jack plugs used have different pin functions.

A standard suction mount can be supplied as an optional extra with 2 one metre extension cables for the removable screen at £10 if ordered with the spotter so it can be used on the roof maybe watching a bait station while sitting in the comfort of the truck:

A powerful roof magnet - and metal bush can be fitted into the base of the chunky solid machined handle as an optional extra at £10:

You can expect to see this image quality on a night with decent moon & scattered clouds But with a larger field of view because this was done with a 75mm lens - also F1.4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrHaSIfeUY

And this is the massive help you get from a quality camera equipped spotter when its foggy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nPsp8jB5g

This is how you remove the monitor to change the batteries after three hours constant run time if they are quality 18650 cells:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IliQEYhBqJk

Price is £200 collected or £210 posted RMSD to UK postcodes.

Optional extras at £10 each if ordered with the spotter include:
Customised DVR cable.
Standard suction mount.
Rubber coated roof magnet + metal tripod bush fitted to base of handle.

Requires 2 18650 FLAT TOP batteries: No batteries or charger supplied.[/color][/size]
Last edited by some bloke on 23 Mar 2016, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Another M42 SLR lens spotter for sale

Post by some bloke » 06 Mar 2016, 04:01

Bump

smoothly

Post by smoothly » 13 Mar 2016, 11:38

Right dave as discussed we will have two m42 slr spotters with the plain black handle two extra cables and a suction thing as discussed so we can swop to a bipod not the pistol grip handle,ile send you £400 now so yiou should have it in five mins and if mike cant collect them ile send you another £20 for post but at least youl have your money safe for the spotters also our las is down your way [northampton] next week but i dont know which day she might even collect them of you if your not far off the m1 cheers paul .

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 13 Mar 2016, 13:04

I got's the money honey. :thumbup:

Thank you Paul, they are both ready for collection.

As per this photo, since you like Mike's so much and are now buying two for yourselves they will each have:

2x 1MTR extension cables for the monitor,
red gel filter material fitted over the screen that can be removed if you don't like it. ( I don't but many do)
And a standard suction mount that can replace the solid handle in the fitted metal tripod stud bushing.

You will need to find weaver base scope mounts such as one of these for your illuminators.

paulp

Re: Another M42 SLR lens spotter for sale SOLD

Post by paulp » 19 May 2017, 08:21

Hi Dave

As discussed via initial email comntact I would like you to go ahead and make me an M42 SLR Lense spotter on the cost / basis outlined below

Regards Paul

I can make a spotter for you using one of them during the next week or so for £220+ £13 RMSD P&P