Black Sun Ruby is coming...

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
Davesniper

Re: Black Sun Ruby is coming...

Postby Davesniper » 14 Nov 2017, 00:29

Hi, I would be intrested in the nm800 ruby pill ,can some one explain if they are on Parr with bs1 or bs2 I presume the reason behind the ruby colour is to be more covert as I do have trouble with spooking fox's at 100yds or less I am useing the updated version of nm800 pill that I had from clive.

Dave.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 14 Nov 2017, 07:50

I might be wrong, but i don't think the Black Sun Ruby is going to be more covert than a BS1 or BS2 with an 850nm AS LED.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 14 Nov 2017, 12:18

Davesniper wrote:Hi, I would be intrested in the nm800 ruby pill ,can some one explain if they are on Parr with bs1 or bs2 I presume the reason behind the ruby colour is to be more covert as I do have trouble with spooking fox's at 100yds or less I am useing the updated version of nm800 pill that I had from clive.

Dave.

Dave,

Bruce is correct. We use a slightly shorter wavelength in the Ruby which is less covert, not entirely due to the wavelength but also the amount of power output and density.

The Ruby is about absolute performance for those that need it. The ways to use it are in a small lens illuminator, saving a lot of bulk, without loosing performance over a much bigger illuminator, or putting it behind a larger lens for absolute maximum range and power density allowing much higher magnifications.

Essentially even if we could have a 940nm (which is supposed to be completely covert) that had the same apparent power as the Ruby then the glow from the LED would look pretty much the same.

Essentially human and animal eyes shouldn't see above 720nm and Ruby is well above that. But if enough photons at these 'invisible' wavelengths are hitting the retina it will activate cells and allow it to be seen.

If Foxes have similar vision to Dogs then they have around 20% the resolution capacity as a human and only see in yellow and blue so an IR illuminator at distance would look like a tiny blurred blob of dark grayish brown of varying intensity depending on the power / wavelength.

Cheers

Clive

Davesniper

Postby Davesniper » 14 Nov 2017, 15:08

Ok thanks for the sientific answer that has cleared things up for me .
Dave.

Nipper64

Postby Nipper64 » 14 Nov 2017, 16:23

Hi Clive ,
When will the nm800 pills be ready to buy and what price will they be ?
Cheers Gary

Return to “Nightvision store”