Black Sun Ruby is coming...

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
Davesniper

Re: Black Sun Ruby is coming...

Postby Davesniper » 14 Nov 2017, 00:29

Hi, I would be intrested in the nm800 ruby pill ,can some one explain if they are on Parr with bs1 or bs2 I presume the reason behind the ruby colour is to be more covert as I do have trouble with spooking fox's at 100yds or less I am useing the updated version of nm800 pill that I had from clive.

Dave.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 14 Nov 2017, 07:50

I might be wrong, but i don't think the Black Sun Ruby is going to be more covert than a BS1 or BS2 with an 850nm AS LED.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 14 Nov 2017, 12:18

Davesniper wrote:Hi, I would be intrested in the nm800 ruby pill ,can some one explain if they are on Parr with bs1 or bs2 I presume the reason behind the ruby colour is to be more covert as I do have trouble with spooking fox's at 100yds or less I am useing the updated version of nm800 pill that I had from clive.

Dave.

Dave,

Bruce is correct. We use a slightly shorter wavelength in the Ruby which is less covert, not entirely due to the wavelength but also the amount of power output and density.

The Ruby is about absolute performance for those that need it. The ways to use it are in a small lens illuminator, saving a lot of bulk, without loosing performance over a much bigger illuminator, or putting it behind a larger lens for absolute maximum range and power density allowing much higher magnifications.

Essentially even if we could have a 940nm (which is supposed to be completely covert) that had the same apparent power as the Ruby then the glow from the LED would look pretty much the same.

Essentially human and animal eyes shouldn't see above 720nm and Ruby is well above that. But if enough photons at these 'invisible' wavelengths are hitting the retina it will activate cells and allow it to be seen.

If Foxes have similar vision to Dogs then they have around 20% the resolution capacity as a human and only see in yellow and blue so an IR illuminator at distance would look like a tiny blurred blob of dark grayish brown of varying intensity depending on the power / wavelength.

Cheers

Clive

Davesniper

Postby Davesniper » 14 Nov 2017, 15:08

Ok thanks for the sientific answer that has cleared things up for me .
Dave.

Nipper64

Postby Nipper64 » 14 Nov 2017, 16:23

Hi Clive ,
When will the nm800 pills be ready to buy and what price will they be ?
Cheers Gary

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 21 Nov 2017, 11:58

Nipper64 wrote:Hi Clive ,
When will the nm800 pills be ready to buy and what price will they be ?
Cheers Gary

Hi Gary,

On the website now.

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-ruby-ir-pill-for-nm-c2x24623318

Cheers

Clive

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Postby some bloke » 21 Nov 2017, 13:18

Wow, Mingle Mangle mingle mangle (for those old enough to have seen the 'twilight zone short films) - could now be the time..... :lol:

I got the impression a few years ago that NM800 pills were very similar to the old 501b pills - and I in fact used some lower current, lower nm IR led's in some of them too - but didn't feel I could buck the trend with non Oslon Black 4715S LED's at that time. The 4715AS LED almost prompted me to prime someone up to making them available for rimfire range use.

So.... is it feasible Ruby might fit in the old super compact 16mm star board 501b that has no zoom, a wider focused beam that fills the viewing screen without a tunnel effect and absolutely no floppy head that often needs adjustable mountings?

Could this be the time to set aside zoom torches for 30mm aspheric lensed 501b's or alternatives to reawaken? And no - I don't wish to resume making any myself. :angel:

Nipper64

Postby Nipper64 » 21 Nov 2017, 14:09

Hi Clive are you doing a Black Friday discount ? :thumbup:
I don’t want to order one and then you do a discount :D
Cheers Gary.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby sunndog » 21 Nov 2017, 16:29

some bloke wrote:Wow, Mingle Mangle mingle mangle (for those old enough to have seen the 'twilight zone short films) - could now be the time..... :lol:

I got the impression a few years ago that NM800 pills were very similar to the old 501b pills - and I in fact used some lower current, lower nm IR led's in some of them too - but didn't feel I could buck the trend with non Oslon Black 4715S LED's at that time. The 4715AS LED almost prompted me to prime someone up to making them available for rimfire range use.

So.... is it feasible Ruby might fit in the old super compact 16mm star board 501b that has no zoom, a wider focused beam that fills the viewing screen without a tunnel effect and absolutely no floppy head that often needs adjustable mountings?

Could this be the time to set aside zoom torches for 30mm aspheric lensed 501b's or alternatives to reawaken? And no - I don't wish to resume making any myself. :angel:

Dave's love affair with the 501b still as strong as it ever was :D

*sings
When a ma, an loves a flash, light
oslon black drivers
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 21 Nov 2017, 16:34

Nipper64 wrote:Hi Clive are you doing a Black Friday discount ? :thumbup:
I don’t want to order one and then you do a discount :D
Cheers Gary.

Hi Gary,

No we tried it once and ended up with everyone moaning that they wanted discount even though they had ordered a week before or week after the event. :shock: I could actually see their point. I'd be annoyed too.

So we're not bothering again. Daft American idea where they increase prices beforehand to lower them for a sale. Just keeping the prices at as sensible a level as we can year round, rather than made up discounts. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

Return to “Nightvision store”