Ward D Vision 800 - Further improvements

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Ward D Vision 800 - Further improvements

Postby some bloke » 11 Apr 2017, 13:04

Its unfortunate that we sometimes have to simply wait till a machine shop gets round to our work.

My main chap tells me things will get done by the weekend but the plan sits on his desk till he gets fed up moving it out the way and puts it somewhere safe. After a few weeks I ring asking for a time and the merry go round occurs again. Then I start calling in to see him when 'passing' till he gives up and gets things done.

The market is small for shooting NV compared to mass produced items that can be running for weeks at a time on a CNC machine.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 11 Apr 2017, 14:23

Hi All,

Getting there.

We are behind this as much as we can be to get the back orders cleared. At least those on the back order will get the new product at the old price. 8-)

Cheers

Clive

Postby .270 » 11 Apr 2017, 15:18

Clive, what is the new price for the 800l then. ??????

2011 fawcett

Postby 2011 fawcett » 12 Apr 2017, 14:59

spready wrote:Will the power switch be altered? That's my only grip with it, so easy to catch and turn on when in your bag .. maybe a cover for it or something?

I have not had this happen to me but never the less it seems others have. I used a plastic top from a mineral water bottle - make two holes near the top opposite each other and use a piece of elastic thread knotted inside each hole to form a band. The plastic top fits neatly over the on/off switch preventing accidental operation whilst in transit and the band holds it in place. Simply take it off when when you want to use the ward unit. Best of all it costs 3/5 of nothing and leaves the switch usable by cold or gloved hands. :thumbup:

Cottis

Postby Cottis » 12 Apr 2017, 17:56

2011 fawcett wrote:
spready wrote:Will the power switch be altered? That's my only grip with it, so easy to catch and turn on when in your bag .. maybe a cover for it or something?

I have not had this happen to me but never the less it seems others have. I used a plastic top from a mineral water bottle - make two holes near the top opposite each other and use a piece of elastic thread knotted inside each hole to form a band. The plastic top fits neatly over the on/off switch preventing accidental operation whilst in transit and the band holds it in place. Simply take it off when when you want to use the ward unit. Best of all it costs 3/5 of nothing and leaves the switch usable by cold or gloved hands. :thumbup:

Im not as advanced as you. I go with a bottle top and duct tape hahaha. Im gonna nick your idea.

rabbitman1

Postby rabbitman1 » 12 Apr 2017, 21:09

When will these be available Clive and how much please?

thesmi

Postby thesmi » 14 Apr 2017, 19:10

cliveward wrote:Hi All,

Getting there.

We are behind this as much as we can be to get the back orders cleared. At least those on the back order will get the new product at the old price. 8-)

Cheers

Clive

Are people still able to order the older version and receive the newer type at same cost now? A pal of mine is looking into getting one and also wants to know when they are available. (he dont use Internet as to old) so gotta sort something for him cheerd

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 18 Apr 2017, 14:54

cliveward wrote:
blueroll wrote:Hi Clive.
Can the Ward be upgraded to the same camera that is in the Dronepro or will it always be limited by the quality of the glass on the day scope that it is attached to ?
I understand that this would be at a substantially increased cost but the image quality of Dronepro is outstanding, although i am not to keen on the weight/bulk.

It's not the camera. 8-)

On a dedicated scope the camera only has a few lens elements in front of it, whereas with an add on you have a lot more (the entire rifle scope).

The very best image I've seen is with the 56mm S-Tac. Great contrast and no internal reflections of the IR. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive[/quote.
Hi Clive.
Sorry for the delayed reply, I have been out of the country until today.
Thanks for the info.

morrisman

Postby morrisman » 22 Apr 2017, 14:01

Should be getting our new units any day now, shouldn't we?

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Postby cliveward » 22 Apr 2017, 15:46

Hi All,

I'm having a meeting with the CNC lot on Tuesday as they seem to be dragging their feet a bit and then send out an update to everyone waiting.

The price will most likely be going up, possibly up to £50 more for the new design unit.

Orders placed at the moment will be fulfilled at the current prices though if people don't mind waiting for delivery.

Cheers

Clive

Return to “Nightvision store”