ATN THERMAL OPTIC SCOPES

built your own thermal unit?.....or done some d.i.y modding on/with your existing unit. post them up here
limelight

ATN THERMAL OPTIC SCOPES

Postby limelight » 13 Sep 2017, 08:57

HELLO FRIENDS,

ATN RIFLE SCOPES CLAIMS TO USE A OBSIDIAN PROCESSOR, HOWEVER THERE IS NOT DATA ON OBSIDIAN PROCESSORS VIA THE NET. ATN USE TO USE FLIR. CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THIS COMPONENT OBSIDIAN OR IS IT A NAME USED TO HIDE THE ACTUAL PROCESSOR FROM OTHERS OBTAINING IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES?

BASED ON MARKETING DATA, THE OBSIDIAN APPEARS TO MATCH AND PERHAPS SURPASS THE FLIR OEM COMPONENTS FOR OPTICAL RANGE DETECTION.

I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A 360 DEGREE THERMAL CAMERA SIMILAR TO SYPNEL M, AND THERMAL IMAGE RADAR, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL.

LIMELIGHT

curlew

Re: ATN THERMAL OPTIC SCOPES

Postby curlew » 13 Sep 2017, 09:21

they will still use a flir core or bought commercially availiable one , from what i can see the obsidian part is the bit they have between the thermal core and the display - to add stuff in like on screen display etc. and perhaps some image enhancement if possible , usually if its flir then its 320 and if its 384 or 388 then its european/russian core

limelight

Re: ATN THERMAL OPTIC SCOPES

Postby limelight » 13 Sep 2017, 09:29

Thanks for the reply......

I appreciate the answer.

Return to “D.I.Y thermal projects”