NM 800 Pill removal

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
blueeyes

NM 800 Pill removal

Postby blueeyes » 12 Dec 2017, 11:04

Hi guys I have an NM 800 with a IR pill which I bought off a guy on hear I think , anyway the pill is flickering and I have been reading that it could be a 2 cell driver in a one cell torch, so have ordered a single cell driver, but cant get the pill bloody out can get it to move so far one way the locks up and the same the other, are these reverse threaded thanks in advance

blueeyes

Re: NM 800 Pill removal

Postby blueeyes » 12 Dec 2017, 13:41

got it but hell was it tight normal thread anti clock wise to loosen, any way another question there seems to be a make shift washer under the pill to make contact which makes me think this is not a NM pill , or should there be some other washer there lol

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 12 Dec 2017, 13:59

blueeyes wrote:got it but hell was it tight normal thread anti clock wise to loosen, any way another question there seems to be a make shift washer under the pill to make contact which makes me think this is not a NM pill , or should there be some other washer there lol

That is normal with the older NM.

fizzbangwhallop

Postby fizzbangwhallop » 12 Dec 2017, 14:05

Wotcha!

Just emailed you a pic :thumbup:

Cheers

Fizz
8-)
Image Image

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting....but, heck.....I just like posting. :crazy: :lol:

blueeyes

Postby blueeyes » 12 Dec 2017, 14:19

blueroll wrote:
blueeyes wrote:got it but hell was it tight normal thread anti clock wise to loosen, any way another question there seems to be a make shift washer under the pill to make contact which makes me think this is not a NM pill , or should there be some other washer there lol

That is normal with the older NM.

it looks like rolled up silver paper do you know if the neck comes off on the older ones

blueeyes

Postby blueeyes » 12 Dec 2017, 17:01

well think I have got this as good as I am going to get it, managed to remove the neck and removed silver paper a bit of tinkering and it is a bit better now less flickering , just dont know what pill it is and depth it should be at to get the best but defo a single mode pill , PS I did buy this as spares or repair so cant gripe lol

Return to “Illumination”