Atn x sight 2 illuminator

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
Mick a

Atn x sight 2 illuminator

Post by Mick a » 22 Oct 2017, 20:35

Hi guys just picked up a 3-14 x sight 2 for my Fac fx impact and I am looking for advice what illuminator to run with it .
Thanks in advance

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Atn x sight 2 illuminator

Post by phoenix » 22 Oct 2017, 20:48

For anything like decent NV performance you'll need the most powerful one you can find!!

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Mick a

Post by Mick a » 22 Oct 2017, 20:56

Any recommendations

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 22 Oct 2017, 20:58

Not had an x-site but its gotta be A.S led with a 50mm lens minimum i'd say
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 23 Oct 2017, 01:30

T66 from Ir.lightbuilds, t67 from Night Vision Store, with overdriven BS II pill.
The ATN uses a high definition camera - lots of little pixels. This means the light gathering capabilty of each pixel is very low and you will basically need a spotlight to get decent range.
One shooter in OZ who is happy with his has two Nightmaster X Searchers to give enough illumination.

Some output results:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3684
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12957
Field test:
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=12275

Tikka.243

Post by Tikka.243 » 23 Oct 2017, 08:23

I used nightmaster xseacher with Clive Wards blacksun ir pill. Use sun shade with Butler creek cap with 12 mm hole drilled in Centre and leave cap closed. Will be less focus fussy and gives better depth of field. Shot a lot of foxes with it a couple at 260yrds but now use photon xt with doubler as had a lot of screen freezes with xsight and start up problems.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 23 Oct 2017, 17:03

Radagast wrote:One shooter in OZ who is happy with his has two Nightmaster X Searchers
And he's happy with it? :roll: ..............is he from sydney too? :lol:
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Mick a

Post by Mick a » 25 Oct 2017, 05:54

Hi guy I really don't have a clue what to get ,
Looks like the x sight need loads of IR to work .I may use it on a small centerfire so need the best set up I can
Does anyone sell a ready to go unit
Torch
Batteries
Mount and charger
Without swapping pill or modifying anything

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 08 Nov 2017, 21:42

sunndog wrote:
Radagast wrote:One shooter in OZ who is happy with his has two Nightmaster X Searchers
Hmm... Sunndog you know that there are some very powerful Xsearchers out there? Don't you? :think: :)

But of course not factory editions... Even my modded T20 beats the hell outta factory XS :lol:

Mine modded(modded by me) XS easily throws well over 1 kilometer with spotter and effio e camera.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 08 Nov 2017, 23:03

lightmesser wrote:
sunndog wrote:
Hmm... Sunndog you know that there are some very powerful Xsearchers out there? Don't you? :think: :)

But of course not factory editions... Even my modded T20 beats the hell outta factory XS :lol:

Mine modded(modded by me) XS easily throws well over 1 kilometer with spotter and effio e camera.

That was a reference to the man being happy with strapping two torches to his scope. (people from sydney can be strange types)
oslon black drivers