ludicrous luminum t30/72

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
snoopy

ludicrous luminum t30/72

Postby snoopy » 26 Aug 2017, 02:10

hmm, just tried the T 38 verses the WD1504 (26650 67mm lens) and ermm...erghhh the 38MM with an EPE2 in it prtty much gives the same light same distance, a smidgion more in the sense that its one of the blue tinge led's..

tried the 72mm with the same white led and the red EPE2, tbh...wouldnt buy another, it may well need a bigger led buthey ho, too late now.

the red led was better than other flashlights with smaller heads, beyond that, airgun ranges with a bit of extra veiwing lol...bright enough though,(again for this use wouldnt have bought T 38..but only because of the extra cost.

pro's n cons..

T38..wtf is that anoying hand barb thingy? were magic mushrooms involved in the design??? and it cant stand on its tail, a failing of quite a few flashlights, sort of forgetting to put tyres on a rim, but hey ho.
pro T38...much lighter than the 1504, but..the WD1504, it's got a bigger lens and twice plus weight battery in it. i will say swoppng out the pills is well easy in the dark with the T38, no light to aid.

was it worth the extra cost? the 72mm lens erghhh..i got no use for it without getting another pill, the T38? yeah likable, does the same as the WD1504, but 16 quid for the WD verses £33.99..erghh ergh uhhh hmmmm...if they got rid of the hand barb ring in the middle (of a two cell) or stiggy in yu hand heel then maybe... cost wise and the extra amp capacity i'd get the WD1504...(if you can get one for less than 20 quids lol)

tbh i was exspecting a load more from the 72mm lens, it probably marred my apinion a little,but that tiney little square not doing much more than the 38mm for distance ffff the 38mm does compete against the T-6CREE led in the WD1504..as said though..at half the price...and a 26650 tube (btw theres two 26650 with an actual 5.5 amp capacity about, check the diameters though one's too wide by 1mm).

without trying the 67mm lens (which i doubt i will) i'd say the T38's pritty good, all bar that stu-oooped sticky out thing in the middle lol..seriously?

knock a tenner of the price it'd be the new T20 of the ebay realm.(remember when they were the dogs dangly per price?)

for airguns theyre a good set up (both flashlights) but i'd have to say theyre close range foxers with this type of led...could be rong. (side thought on that, once you start upping the led's to 2 amp pluser you'd surely be looking for 26650 torchs? especialy at 4-6 amps).

end veiw.....disapointed at the big lens, and impressed by the littler lens....eather way? ehhh i'd have bought two WD1504's tbh.(but only for the 26650 battery useage).
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

snoopy

Re: ludicrous luminum t30/72

Postby snoopy » 03 Sep 2017, 00:33

tried the new AS infra red pill last night, now that is a bit better. 57 yards on low np with the runcan night eagle and just the 2 or 3mm lens on.
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Return to “Illumination”