T66, B672 or Sunranger? Hmmm

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: T66, B672 or Sunranger? Hmmm

Postby sunndog » 09 Jul 2017, 21:39

phoenix wrote:Adam,
Further than I would ever shoot with the Drone Pro - well over 300 yards.

Cheers

Bruce

Thought/hoped as much......that would do for me
oslon black drivers
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Chrissmith0881

Postby Chrissmith0881 » 10 Jul 2017, 16:48

I have the t66 and a sunranger with a black sun pill in it and really do like the sunranger for size and power! I tried the black sun pill in my t66 and couldn't get a clear picture at all for some reason! I also have the dragonfly but for the drone think the sunranger is plenty! Are you not on Facebook as plenty of clips on there with lads that use a sunranger!

Chris.

Gudge

Postby Gudge » 10 Jul 2017, 19:18

Yeah saw the sunnranger clips that's what made me question myself. I've already got a T66 will stick with it for now might just get a sunnranger to try anyway.

Cheers
Gudge

hussar

Postby hussar » 16 Jul 2017, 23:31

hi chris i have one of sikastags t66s with as pill can get a great pic up to 18x on my falcon m18 tried blacksun pill same result strange yours was not clear this nv stuff can do your head in at times

Muskett

Postby Muskett » 17 Jul 2017, 15:45

I use a NM XSearcher with BlackSun conversion. Maybe a supercharged BlackSun might get a little further. But the thing is big enough, and what would I really get out of it more than I do now?
I must try the NM800 head on it sometime and see if there is much in it. Or much if given a supercharged BlackSun? The point of the exercise is to get weight and bulk down.

Someone might one day get both LED super power and lens to do a light sabre thing at a respectful weight and bulk. Ahh, they do its called a laser, but the picture from a lasers is just are horrid! Led and a matched lens is the way forward if someone can have the Chinese to make one that is fine tuned to what we require. Not holding my breath.

Bruce is right you need enough for your practical shooting range and the rest for a good bit of backstop. Several ways to do that. Use your Thermal Spotter for finding and seeing the landscape.
The future will be more clarity at the ranges we are at now. More cost effective and less bulk would be a bonus.
35K camera sensors are doing it without ir already. The future looks bright :D

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby sunndog » 17 Jul 2017, 16:13

Just "one more step" eh muskett :lol: (Not said that for a while)

Agreed though. For me nowadays anything above an Xsearcher is too much bulk for too little gain. Been there though with 78mm and 98mm i.r's
oslon black drivers
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Muskett

Postby Muskett » 17 Jul 2017, 16:35

Must get my Big Bad Bosch out; remember that. Its still a great truck LED flood lamp.

Sure "just one more step" :D Or giant leap for mankind? Tweaks, but nothing much new out recently.

No rat, rabbit, or fox will know the difference; as its already "lights out". 8-)

Return to “Illumination”