Reloading the 28 bore

Rimfire and centrefire forum. Show us your setup, talk about ammo, ask advice or simply tell us what you use.
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Reloading the 28 bore

Postby cliveward » 12 Feb 2017, 18:27

Hi All,

Thanks to John at Folkestone Engineering Services http://www.feskent.co.uk dropping in to pick up an IR illuminator the other week, I now have another bloody hobby! :x :lol:

We chatted about shotguns and I let slip that I'm a new fan of the 28 bore, having got one for my kids to use and then promptly stolen it from them for my own use. :lol: John's a big fan of the 28 and suggested reloading it. Apparently it's one of the most expensive cartridges to buy, but the cheapest to reload. :crazy:

So after nabbing a used MEC 600 Jr from Ebay and a quick visit to John's for some supplies, I can now load what I want for the gun, rather than what the shop has in stock...all for the price of the cheapest rubbish 12 bore clay cartridges. :thumbup:

The first load is an out of season clay / pigeon / other furry small things load. 3/4oz of #7 with fibre wad. I gave them a test on the Squirrels at the weekend and I still have all my fingers, rugged good looks and a gun in the requisite number of parts...plus I was the only one on our team to actually shoot any Squirrels...so all in all a success. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

Return to “Rifles and Ammo”