ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
blueroll

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by blueroll » 09 Sep 2018, 19:13

owl wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 12:10
some bloke wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 12:00

"Vertigo is a symptom where a person feels as if they or the objects around them are moving when they are not.[1] Often it feels like a spinning or swaying movement.[1][2] This may be associated with nausea, vomiting, sweating, or difficulties walking.[2] It is typically worse when the head is moved, especially after the liberal consumption of alcohol .[2] Vertigo is the most common type of dizziness.”
:think:
Bugger, so thats why I miss a hell of a lot !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 09 Sep 2018, 19:13

owl wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 12:10
some bloke wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 12:00

"Vertigo is a symptom where a person feels as if they or the objects around them are moving when they are not.[1] Often it feels like a spinning or swaying movement.[1][2] This may be associated with nausea, vomiting, sweating, or difficulties walking.[2] It is typically worse when the head is moved, especially after the liberal consumption of alcohol .[2] Vertigo is the most common type of dizziness.”
:think:
Bugger, so thats why I miss a hell of a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 09 Sep 2018, 19:22

Just when I thought: "Oh It would be nice to make some some adapter to make this into scopless setup" Splatty aleardy made such adapter LOL :lol: .

Now this is really ultimate device addon, spotter, scopless, DVR device... All in one.

Nice adapter Splatty! :thumbup:

Edit: Not only that... I will quote CRS "After software is flashed to your device, you will have a crosshair option on your unit, this crosshair can be adjusted to zero the unit to your rifle without the need for a rifle scope.

Best used as a close range setup!

This software update is included in the price."

It seems that Clive and CRS are on fire these days!

mozie

Post by mozie » 10 Sep 2018, 03:04

lightmesser wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 19:22
Just when I thought: "Oh It would be nice to make some some adapter to make this into scopless setup" Splatty aleardy made such adapter LOL :lol: .

Now this is really ultimate device addon, spotter, scopless, DVR device... All in one.

Nice adapter Splatty! :thumbup:

Edit: Not only that... I will quote CRS "After software is flashed to your device, you will have a crosshair option on your unit, this crosshair can be adjusted to zero the unit to your rifle without the need for a rifle scope.

Best used as a close range setup!

This software update is included in the price."

It seems that Clive and CRS are on fire

If your crosshair is off center on the screen you can go into the crosshair generator settings and move the white crosshair over your scope crosshair,once done save it and your crosshair of your scope will be centered on screen, had a play tonight to see what it did

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 14 Sep 2018, 21:22

Curiosity killed the proverbial cat again, cannot keep away from this post LOL.

I'm on holiday but couldn't help but read on from where i left off, now that ive read too much while bobbing around on boat, i will apologise if im :sick:

Not that you would see it from the other side of my screen :lol: and not because of the posts, as they are all pretty informative :thumbup:

Thought i would clear a few things up though as a few members have not got all the facts.

First and most important safety !
I noticed further back the subject of the laser was mentioned and i have had a few ask me on other occasions. The Laser on the early models were 2mW = class 3R....... now before people make assumptions about what is restricted and what is not, please read the Gov website on Class 3R lasers. If the manufacturer feels it necessary to use a 2mW then it is permitted ( depending on your country ) as long as you have the relevant stickers and warning signs, this is permitted up to around 4.9mW if memory serves. Quite high in UK laser standards, i was shocked :shock:

A 1mW laser is classed as eye safe, however that is not entirely true, hope no one here is silly enough to try prove me wrong :?: it is the length of ( lack of )exposure time that labels it eye safe, relying on the users ability to look away or blink, so this is only true for visible lasers, which these units have!

So a 2mW laser is fitted on the early model on all units, its no easy task to test the exact level of a laser, unless you have a laboratory with the correct equipment on your payroll like some think they have :crazy: documentation from the Laser manufacturer ( not PARD ) is not your only option. I have gone to great lengths to make sure the early models got stickers for the unit and information stickers for the boxes to keep them UK legal and to make sure all customers are safe, even if they are not my customers, they should all be informed, Please see pictures a few sentences below.

( if you do not see a sticker anymore, its not needed ) All my models have the 1mW laser installed now as i requested very early on for the manufacturer to use them in all his future productions, so even if you buy from Ali baba to Istanbul, you will be eye safe as long as you can blink. So no more capitalising on safety can be made :angel: Now there can be some older models out their so look for the PARD start up screen, if it says PARD on start up, its more than likely a 1mW if not, then don't look at the laser........this still bugs me to this day, the laser is connected to your scope, your scope is connected to your rifle, who points a rifle at some one with the units on board laser that is only ever used for designating a target, target being the very thing your going to shoot, lasers blind but bullets kill, so be safe and don't point the pointy end or play with any class laser near your eyes !

As you can see above i had a brain fart and thought, wouldn't this unit be great as a Scopeless, so came up with this idea.....it won't shoot out to silly distances, but with the crosshair ( menu activated adjustable crosshair on the later models ) you can shoot close range hogs or do a bit of ratting close up. As no extra glass other than the 16 or 25mm lens its even clearer, just the same as using as a spotter. Don't expect great groups at long ranges as the 16 or 25mm lens does move slightly while adjusting focus but does go back to zero when you take your fingers off. So having a red dot attached you can still use your rifle when the ADDONIGHT not attached, pic below showing you it can still be removed just as intended !

I do have another unit i have modified but as a dedicated scope with no POI shift, it is only going through 1 layer of glass and is the clearest ive seen this unit, i was blown away......showed it on facebook but on holiday and don't have the pictures on me so please dont ask LOL

OK back to subject,
Some one else mentioned about the 223 and the 308, and did I modify them to go up to 308.......NO, i was going to, but the manufacturer told me they were going to do it, so happy days i didn't have to. I purchased loads off the early models at the start then the 308 rated ones. Hence why i had two versions. I have not got many 223's left hence I have now removed from stock. All manufacturer models now are rated the same, no different, same factory ( which i have proof in picture and document form if anyone wants to challenge that again :roll: ) ......so how to know the difference, look for the tiny screw on the diopter ( if it has not fallen out ) 223 if you don't, 308 if you do ! internals are also hardened on the later models. hope that clears that up for you......please don't call me saying AAAAH you sold me a 223 and i purchased a 308, as i said the screw that locks the diopter is not the best, but like everything new, it takes time to convince the manufacturer to change some of the small niggles !

OOOHH, found two photo's, so tell a lie, i do have the modification pic's of the ADDONIGHT........should call it the ADDONOT and it isn't and add-on like this :lol: .....Anyhow, i will be going back to calling the unit what it was supposed to be called when i get back "NV 007" as that is what the makers of the unit called it from the start, i just wanted to make a point, personally I don't think you should slap your name on what you don't design :thumbup:

As you can see on the image below i used an adjustable mount that Drew from Drews lab sold me, very good for mods like this !

Your probably going to ask me why is it on its side, i have a great idea coming to add to the modification but that's for another POST in the not so distant future.

For the people who have purchased one, where ever you got it from or for whatever the price, its a great unit so make the most out of it...... till the NEXT new item hits the market :silent:

Customriflescopes.

villaman

Post by villaman » 14 Sep 2018, 21:31

How much more will these units come down in price https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/nig ... ope-Add-On

Dave333

Post by Dave333 » 14 Sep 2018, 21:49

PARD already make a scopeless version and have done for quite some time,the add-on is the nv007 and the scopeless the nv008, PARD have also been making the models with a built in cross hair for quite some time and they come as standard with the add-on version and obviously the scopeless,if you own one already,just check the menu. :thumbup:
"he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy"

paulham

Post by paulham » 14 Sep 2018, 22:00

Dave333 wrote:PARD already make a scopeless version and have done for quite some time,the add-on is the nv007 and the scopeless the nv008, PARD have also been making the models with a built in cross hair for quite some time and they come as standard with the add-on version and obviously the scopeless,if you own one already,just check the menu. Image
Do you have a link to the nv008?
All I can find is a pic on LinkedIn

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 15 Sep 2018, 06:51

Dave333 wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 21:49
PARD already make a scopeless version and have done for quite some time,the add-on is the nv007 and the scopeless the nv008, PARD have also been making the models with a built in cross hair for quite some time and they come as standard with the add-on version and obviously the scopeless,if you own one already,just check the menu. :thumbup:
Yes your quite right, someone 😉 on here showed me a picture of it, that’s what gave me the idea to try it myself !

They are keeping it to themselves until the design is registered this time to prevent some one taking I as their own again, once bitten twice shy. Think they will announce it fully very soon !
And yes it will be called the 008 !

CRS

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 15 Sep 2018, 06:51

Dave333 wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 21:49
Yes your quite right, someone 😉 on here showed me a picture of it, that’s what gave me the idea to try it myself !

They are keeping it to themselves until the design is registered this time to prevent some one taking I as their own again, once bitten twice shy. Think they will announce it fully very soon !
And yes it will be called the 008 !

CRS