Watec questions

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
Hamish

Watec questions

Post by Hamish » 16 Jul 2014, 09:32

Afternoon all,

I have just acquired a Watec 902H which I want to use for a spotter with my T66. However I have a few questions which I’m still trying to resolve despite using the search function. I’d appreciate the help.

Lens. The Camera comes with a C Mount ½ 25mm Lens. I’d like to replace with a fixed 50mm or 5-100mm Manual Zoom item. Should I be looking for 1/3 CS Mounted one or ½ C Mounted one? I’m currently in China so can source one quite easily and hopefully for less money than in the UK. A link would be helpful as a starting point

902H settings. I’ve seen a few detailed posts on settings for Scope mounted cameras, but not for a Spotter. It looks like some have had good results with Gain on low, what about the other settings? If standard is good enough, what are the Factory settings?

Thanks in advance for any answers and help.

Regards,

Hamish

Marky610

Re: Watec questions

Post by Marky610 » 16 Jul 2014, 09:42

The watec uses c/s lenses, to fit a c mount lens you use a 5mm thick adapter.

So either a c/s mount or c mount plus adapter is fine.

I always use low gain with watec's, high gain is too high but there is a pot inside where you can adjust it but with a spotter theres no problem just use low gain.
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

Hamish

Post by Hamish » 17 Jul 2014, 01:24

Marky610 wrote:The watec uses c/s lenses, to fit a c mount lens you use a 5mm thick adapter.

So either a c/s mount or c mount plus adapter is fine.

I always use low gain with watec's, high gain is too high but there is a pot inside where you can adjust it but with a spotter theres no problem just use low gain.
Thanks Mark. I've just read the manual online and it only refers to the rear High/low gain adjustment. Are their any other adjustments to make?

Hamish.

Marky610

Post by Marky610 » 17 Jul 2014, 08:12

Not if you use low gain
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

Hilbily

Post by Hilbily » 20 Jul 2014, 03:51

You need a 1/2" format lens.