Finally got a Reasonably wirefree and tidy Build

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
FGYT

Finally got a Reasonably wirefree and tidy Build

Post by FGYT » 01 Mar 2014, 11:10

was Ok with my Big 10-50 mag scope but only usable out to 25yrds ish on a dark picture on max and 10 x is a littel restrictive on FOV
So new Hawke Sidewinder 6-24 x 56 (would have liked a MTC gensis as the 5-20 is a better step But No mil dot std ret or Green IR just red ) First new scope ive bought in over 15yrs lowest mag range too but works well with the NV and Im at home with the Mil dot as its the same as the 10-50 ie zero top trajectory at first mark up on 10x mag so at 20 x its 2 marks up

Pulsar DSA with a E700 using Plumb fittings a small Maxped small pouch contains a Battery pack and a Wireless transmitter with external switch and the MOLLE threaded tho the DSA rail before bolting it on (bit of a fiddle )
but comes on and off easily in one piece

Viewer is My Vuzix Glasses and another Maxped Pouch holding the Vuzix battery and connectors plugged into the Wireless Reciver and a Battery pack for the receiver Just needs a 90deg 2.1mm power plug to tidy up the wires plus a much smaller battery would be fine tho this all fits in a shirt or jacket top breast pocket. Minor Faff is that with the glasses you have 2 powerpacks tho i could drop a 5v feed off the Main battery and 2 items to turn on Main battery for the Transmitter and the glasses a momentary on button on the lenses)

3rd part the Illumination
a MArky610 Nite-tek T20 with 3 mode 940nm IR Ive fitted the yukon ranger Head which gives lots of available light when zoomed in even in the 940nm for airgun ranges and well beyond (even on the 50x mag usable just at 25yrds ) but powers down and zooms out for low power close range. (yes i know the std T20 from Mark is perfectly good enough for most airgun stuff and the 850nm chucks out 4 x the light )
I prefer the low mount keeps the Center of balance lower and less likely to tangle in stuff that sitting out on top

nice compact set i think

Guess I need a DVR now :mrgreen:
Dorset Woodland Blades: 'I see you've played Knifey Spoony Before'

Mart1n

Re: Finally got a Reasonably wirefree and tidy Build

Post by Mart1n » 01 Mar 2014, 15:55

That's one hell of a set up very impressive
How have you done the wireless link ? As iv look into different ways of doing this myself
And havnt yet decided how I'm going to do it
Regards Martin

22-250jock

Post by 22-250jock » 01 Mar 2014, 21:17

very tidy :thumbup:

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 02 Mar 2014, 08:44

Mart1n wrote:That's one hell of a set up very impressive
How have you done the wireless link ? As iv look into different ways of doing this myself
And havnt yet decided how I'm going to do it
Regards Martin
its really easy just plug in and use Ive started with a maplins set
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6111

which works fine problems are the 8v power needed for the Receiver (runs of a 7.4V Lipo)
and the transmitter tho small is bulky with the std cable plugs
HAs the ability to use 4 seperate transmitters and switch between them on the reciver

Also got one of these which is what is on the gun at the moment
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6302

Uses 12v has better Cable connection options ie you can easily resolder your own cables and connectors on
is only 1 channel an the transmitter isn Not compatible with the Maplins receiver

heres how it sits

the Pocket pack for the Receiver put new short Cables on it with 90 deg plugs to fit the power pack and the 4 pole 3.5mm jack on the Glasses unit Battery is a bit big its a std 6800mAh not reall ya problem in your pocket

The Transmitter I haven't cut the wires down yet but you could solder the camera cables direct to it I would be inclined to do a 3 pole 2.5mm jack and socket. Its an El wire 1800mAh unit so needs a on / off rocker ive a smaller lighter Lipo 850mAh (camera only pulls 70mA and the transmitter probably 50mA ) to try later but it all folds up into the Pouch would also fit a Maplins project box (lot cheaper than the pouch)

ATB

Duncan

Mart1n

Post by Mart1n » 02 Mar 2014, 08:55

Thanks mate very neat. You have set the bar very high :)

rangerdave

Post by rangerdave » 02 Mar 2014, 13:39

Hey Duncan, neat setup!
I'm building something very similar at the moment for my fox rig, got most of the bits, E700, DSA, wireless transmitter and battery same as yours etc., just waiting for this DVR to arrive;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-bul ... 68694.html

It is a lot more expensive than most of the builds here but the plan is for the transmitter that is attached to the E700 to send the video signal directly to the DVR which has an inbuilt receiver that uses the same frequency on one of it's 8 channels (I've checked they match!)
Hopefully they will play nicely and I can then view and record the action on the same unit with little or no trailing wires after fitting the transmitter, 12v battery and any excess wires into a project box mounted on the DSA!
This is my first build and something I've been meaning to do for a couple of years now, lots of info and help from the guys here so bit the bullet so to speak, will post some pics of the rig when and if it all goes to plan!! :crazy:

All the best,
Dave

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 03 Mar 2014, 13:08

rangerdave wrote:Hey Duncan, neat setup!
I'm building something very similar at the moment for my fox rig, got most of the bits, E700, DSA, wireless transmitter and battery same as yours etc., just waiting for this DVR to arrive;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-bul ... 68694.html

It is a lot more expensive than most of the builds here but the plan is for the transmitter that is attached to the E700 to send the video signal directly to the DVR which has an inbuilt receiver that uses the same frequency on one of it's 8 channels (I've checked they match!)
Hopefully they will play nicely and I can then view and record the action on the same unit with little or no trailing wires after fitting the transmitter, 12v battery and any excess wires into a project box mounted on the DSA!
This is my first build and something I've been meaning to do for a couple of years now, lots of info and help from the guys here so bit the bullet so to speak, will post some pics of the rig when and if it all goes to plan!! :crazy:

All the best,
Dave
be interesting to see how it does What is the frequency of the set Im using it didnt matc hthe 1-4 Ch on my multi unit guess its in the 6-8 Ch of that one

rangerdave

Post by rangerdave » 03 Mar 2014, 14:07

be interesting to see how it does What is the frequency of the set Im using it didnt matc hthe 1-4 Ch on my multi unit guess its in the 6-8 Ch of that one[/quote]

The one I have is quoted as being "2370MHZ " which is channel 8 on the DVR I'm getting, of course, what they say and what they do might be completely different! :wtf:

Fingers crossed! ;)

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 28 Aug 2014, 08:58

A couple of videos on the set up now ive set up a Shooting channel for them

Have put some vids of the NVD up on a new shooting channel to keep it out of the DWB one

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegOvV ... ZFCDKU0Bjw