Wireless forVideo Glasses set up and more

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
FGYT

Wireless forVideo Glasses set up and more

Post by FGYT » 11 Feb 2014, 10:40

A new thread following on from my build well over a year ago :eek: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1029
My how its all changed :cool:

So Roland (Roloids you tube ) sorted out the Switching camera bit I was looking at he AV switches back then but they always seemed to big

I havenow found a smaller switch But then thought about severing the link between me and the gun with all the leads so you can put it down , Not tangle on stuff etc

found the easiest way is basic 2.4Khz transmitter CCTV stuff easily plugs into any camera and viewing system
now this is limited on range and prone to interferance etc but its only got to jump a couple of ft ;)

Maplins have a set for £30 and are just down the road ;) so a quick trip and i have a working Wireless kit..... almost

the one in the shop is a newer model than the one on the website and runs on a 8v supply so works perfectly if i have a mains extension
ive located a 8v battery pack but they are out of stock till 17th feb

I also have coming 3 more transmitter units to see if its better to switch cameras via the 4 channel receiver or add an additional switch for the head cam
if the reciver works as a switch well enough i may have a play and make up a remote spotter cam with IR and battery pack you could put down in an area while working elseware and keep an eye on it for later ??? :D

you could also have an additional receiver/s for a DVR or a screen

any way here it is working on the bench so to speak as ive a new EJ230 bullet cam and not sorted the mounting yet

its transmitting to my 42" TV :cool: and ive been playing and put a set of cross hairs centred (going to use that to help set the Camera center with my cross hairs on the scope then turn it off

Transmitter connected to a EJ230 bullet cam the transmitter also has a microphone if that's any use to people no idea if its any good

will fit nicly in my Butt pouch just the single wire from the camera running in

Receiver this and a battery pack wont add much to a belt or pocket

and running via my TV ( 230 focus is a little off and no IR filter )

Dorset Woodland Blades: 'I see you've played Knifey Spoony Before'

polem80

Re: Wireless forVideo Glasses set up and more

Post by polem80 » 13 Feb 2014, 08:56

Hmmmmmm......... Duncan......... The man responsible for introducing me in to the world of diy night vision thus punishing my PayPal.........
You probably don't remember but I pm'ed you over on B.B. and yes you did warn me that I couldn't blame you for the hours and cash lost!
I'm currently putting the finishing touches on to my build..... although I get the feeling these things never really get finished, there's always something to fiddle with and improve!
Mat.

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 19 Feb 2014, 09:16

polem80 wrote:Hmmmmmm......... Duncan......... The man responsible for introducing me in to the world of diy night vision thus punishing my PayPal.........
You probably don't remember but I pm'ed you over on B.B. and yes you did warn me that I couldn't blame you for the hours and cash lost!
I'm currently putting the finishing touches on to my build..... although I get the feeling these things never really get finished, there's always something to fiddle with and improve!
Mat.

Sorry about hat Matt ive been resisting for over a year but now have splurged more paypal tokens again :)

paulham

Post by paulham » 19 Feb 2014, 09:27

I like the transmitter. Any chance you can take the receiver out of the enclosure to see the size of the circuit?

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 19 Feb 2014, 10:03

paulham wrote:I like the transmitter. Any chance you can take the receiver out of the enclosure to see the size of the circuit?
yes if i can find a baby phillips driver ;)