round two

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
bones61

round two

Post by bones61 » 14 Dec 2013, 12:52

afternoon all
i would like to thank you all for helping me build this not so pretty scopeless jobby . its on my old ultra at the min as hes deciding wether to sell his s10 and go back to an ultra , kids :crazy: . theres a leather battery pack holder to make but ive 5 sheaths to do first and only one wire this time from the battery to the box . i spent nearly a week trying to build one with a viewfinder then he tells me he wants the screen instead :wtf: . anyway its a 58mm lense i think , i bought a lense adapter for 42mm to a pentax camera , this has a lip on the inside and the arse end of a scope fits spot on the ring crwes in to hold it all together and plenty of adjustment left on the threads . the scope has a cut out so i can get to the joystick wich has an aluminium peice over the top to close it off , the ir torch is mounted to this and it all spins to the side to gain accsess . the box is fastend to the back of the scope with a tailcap from a quid torch . i mounted a rail from one of the camcorders i destroyed to the back of the box and another part to the back of the monitor so it just unplugs and slides off for putting back in the gun bag . i havnt set it up yet but it works a treat in the dark , im well impressed . mine will be difrent as im having a view finder but thats after xmass . so first build with extention cord :lol:

second build is a little neater and less wires :thumbup:

once the brass and ally are painted black , what do you reckon stick to knife making or what :crazy:
the problem with the written word is it has no tone of voice

jdk1

Re: round two

Post by jdk1 » 14 Dec 2013, 13:49

Very nice mate :clap: , the only negative thing i would say is you may find the screen is a bit too close when you actually come to use it but hopefully it will be ok

bones61

Post by bones61 » 14 Dec 2013, 14:16

i wonderd that my self mate but it seemed ok last night when i went for a look round the field , then i was spotting comets with it till it got cloudy :lol: . i think it wants a red filter on it but the last sheet i bought was to dark so ill have to get another and do that

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 14 Dec 2013, 14:37

bones61 wrote:i wonderd that my self mate but it seemed ok last night when i went for a look round the field , then i was spotting comets with it till it got cloudy :lol: . i think it wants a red filter on it but the last sheet i bought was to dark so ill have to get another and do that
I am messing about with filter gel sheets on the screen at the moment and i think its probably going to be green or amber i'm trying the blue out tonight but i'm fairly sure that will be too dark

bones61

Post by bones61 » 14 Dec 2013, 15:36

i would be intrested in your findings mate , if another coulor is better ill plum for that . the last one i put on i could hardly see owt at all

genisis22

Post by genisis22 » 14 Dec 2013, 16:03

hi bones jdk, you got there then bones, looks very tidy job, if you are finding the screen to bright and turning it down wont get you there, take into account not all the cam menus are the same, :wtf: go to menu , go to back light turn on if you see a little arrow press center again, this will bring up user 1 and user 2 select 1 first this should make screen go a ambery sort of color, on mine, couple of them anyway sony effios and the on the one had of john user two gives a nice soft greeny effect[ just like real night vision :silent: ] really helps but I do have cam on auto for day night if you use b/w evf just tones it down a bit

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 14 Dec 2013, 16:09

genisis22 wrote:hi bones jdk, you got there then bones, looks very tidy job, if you are finding the screen to bright and turning it down wont get you there, take into account not all the cam menus are the same, :wtf: go to menu , go to back light turn on if you see a little arrow press center again, this will bring up user 1 and user 2 select 1 first this should make screen go a ambery sort of color, on mine, couple of them anyway sony effios and the on the one had of john user two gives a nice soft greeny effect[ just like real night vision :silent: ] really helps but I do have cam on auto for day night if you use b/w evf just tones it down a bit
Well done alan i will have a look at that :thumbup:

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 14 Dec 2013, 16:53

That's looking very good me old beauty.

I'd agree with the suggestion that the screen is a little to close for focussing on - it's better at the distance you can comfortably focus at when reading, which I find to be at least half way along the scope.

Maybe mount the 501b below the barrel or sound mod with a remote tail extension switch.

bones61

Post by bones61 » 14 Dec 2013, 18:32

thank you gents for your input , ill have to have a look at the this colour thing on the camera see if i can alter it . its not staying on this gun its to go on the boys s10 so it can sit further forward as his is mag fed , but as i built it on mine so as not to disable his and mines single shot it had to sit there for the pellet loading

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 14 Dec 2013, 20:49

I tried a couple of different colours on the screen tonight and the winner is the amber one it makes the screen much nicer to look at