E700 DSA

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
mikigough

Re: E700 DSA

Post by mikigough » 17 Jan 2014, 06:50

paulham wrote:My E700 was delivered yesterday and with some guidance from JDK1, this morning I got the IR filter off.

I hate building DSA's, the whole time I'm doing it I think 'only if I had a 3D printer I wouldn't have all this headache'.

Well onto making the DSA for the E700, I went down to B&Q armed with some measurements and headed to the plumbing isle. I got a coupler and a screw on end cap for 40mm ABS pipe. I have 2 MTC Mamba's and 1 Nikko Sterling so the measurements were for the Mambas only.

I already had some screw on photography filter adapters from a previous build which I allowed me to screw a Sony Handycam onto the scope.
The adapters are 38-52 & a 52-52 (coupler).

Parts (links)
- E700
- FloPlast 40mm Abs Solvent Waste Coupler
- FloPlast 40mm Abs Solvent Waste Access Plug
- 38mm-52mm Step Up Ring Filter Adapter
- Male to Male 52mm-52mm filter adapter

The camera fits snugly into the access plug, you should drill a hole for the wires somewhere in the pipe so that the screw off cap still works.
The ABS coupler fits into the 52mm coupler, i used some black electrical tape to bulk it out a tiny bit to keep it snug. I would wrap the whole lot in black electrical tape to hold it together.

You can then screw it on and off.

Forgive my ignorance, I've seen post 'only if I had a 3D printer " can someone explain please?.
Mickey.

paulham

Post by paulham » 17 Jan 2014, 07:18

Hi Mickey,
If I had a 3d printer then it would be much easier to create the adapters I require.

Now were is that postman...

22-250jock

Post by 22-250jock » 17 Jan 2014, 07:29

hi mickey

think one of these would be on all of our wish lists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3OfjYlXUCU

you can design and print your own dsa, case............whatever :thumbup:

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

mikigough

Post by mikigough » 17 Jan 2014, 08:22

Thanks lads, unbelievable what they come up with these days, I wonder how far your imagination would go if you owned one .
Mickey.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 17 Jan 2014, 11:01

That's what CJ7Hawk is using to produce his own PVS14 housings. Jay Leno uses one to produce obsolete parts for his vintage car collection. Working handguns are already being printed, and, per the linked video, custom fitted sex toys. (Yuck!) A mob in the USA is trying to develop a printed house.

All in all it reminds me of a great early sci-fi story, Business as Usual During Alterations.
http://variety-sf.blogspot.com.au/2010/ ... uring.html

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 12 Feb 2014, 14:23

Thanks for that Got a set of Black Flo plas fittings (well 5 sets as Screw fix do 5 for £4 bit of tape and it goes in a Pulsar DSA

E700 on the way

Maybe a bit of fiddling im convicned the DSA isnt square
Dorset Woodland Blades: 'I see you've played Knifey Spoony Before'

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 14 Feb 2014, 12:32

Defiantly a nice easy mounting system thanks for the heads up again

Got my fittings from Screwfix (packs of 5 £4 so 4 spare sets ;) ) and got the black ones

camera fits perfectly and seats square and centred on the shoulder

you dont have to but i did grind the back down a little just to save a few mm off

cable goes over the top and back down the front thro a hole opened to a slot with a dremel

dont have any threads on the back of my scope and had bought a Pulsar DSA which needs a few rounds of Tape to get it up to the right 45mm dia ( the collar that may fit i needed to attach to my scope end)

the DSA pushed over the tape to the lip again registering square etc and covering most of the slot tape would have covered it to if i had cut the slot first

I cut down a Coupler as a loose fit sleeve betwwn the camera and Scope to cut out glare and shine the screw cap i also shortened and lightly scuffed the shine of all the bits

still waiting on a battery for the wireless receiver but think with a small 12v i could mount the Power and Transmitter in a box on the DSA rail as the 6800mAh 12 in the pouch is pretty excessive for the 70-100ma drain

ATB

Duncan
Last edited by FGYT on 14 Feb 2014, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

mikigough

Post by mikigough » 14 Feb 2014, 12:43

Duncan, I bought the pulsar dsa thinking that's all I need, I'm out of the country until end of march so I cant attempt my diy nv yet. so if you have spare fitting and I need, i'll gladly buy one from you.

Mickey.

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 14 Feb 2014, 14:08

mikigough wrote:Duncan, I bought the pulsar dsa thinking that's all I need, I'm out of the country until end of march so I cant attempt my diy nv yet. so if you have spare fitting and I need, i'll gladly buy one from you.

Mickey.
No problem PM me your address

do you want a slot cut in for the wire ??

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 14 Feb 2014, 17:20

FGYT wrote:Defiantly a nice easy mounting system thanks for the heads up again

Got my fittings from Screwfix (packs of 5 £4 so 4 spare sets ;) ) and got the black ones

camera fits perfectly and seats square and centred on the shoulder

you dont have to but i did grind the back down a little just to save a few mm off

cable goes over the top and back down the front thro a hole opened to a slot with a dremel

dont have any threads on the back of my scope and had bought a Pulsar DSA which needs a few rounds of Tape to get it up to the right 45mm dia ( the collar that may fit i needed to attach to my scope end)

the DSA pushed over the tape to the lip again registering square etc and covering most of the slot tape would have covered it to if i had cut the slot first

I cut down a Coupler as a loose fit sleeve betwwn the camera and Scope to cut out glare and shine the screw cap i also shortened and lightly scuffed the shine of all the bits

still waiting on a battery for the wireless receiver but think with a small 12v i could mount the Power and Transmitter in a box on the DSA rail as the 6800mAh 12 in the pouch is pretty excessive for the 70-100ma drain

ATB

Duncan
have you got a link to them bits at all? i've looked every where to no real avail.

just needs an O ring on the cap thread and its water proofed.
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'