The four camera test

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
Marky610

The four camera test

Post by Marky610 » 30 Mar 2013, 02:33

Made a rig up to try three watec's and a new mystery camera a trial

Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: The four camera test

Post by some bloke » 30 Mar 2013, 06:50

That's a very good set up with a very good informative topic Mark, especially now the Israeli 902h source has got more pricey.

Its interesting how cam 2 and 3 saw more without IR but possibly slightly less in the lit up area with IR. I'll watch the with IR again 'cos its probably my eyes. It's also very interesting that you could see rabbit eye shine on the 2.5" dvr screen but the Youtube result didn't show eyes on any of the cams that I could see on my TV/monitor - which we all know happens but it's nice to see it happens with four different cams so it's not just our setups - hope that came out right.

Although the mystery camera was the least sensitive it didn't flare when each of the others became overpowered with the light at moderate or even close range. Although it fared a little worse with minimal IR I think it might be more tolerant of light changes and may well make a more than acceptable second choice moderate range cam. At one point it was better than the 902h in respect of the horizon image quality.

Marky610

Post by Marky610 » 30 Mar 2013, 07:19

No, I could see the eye shine, well I could see the rabbits, on markyspotter that i was using for the illuminator, it has a 60mm lens on it so you can see further and a 4" screen :D

The new camera is less sensitive to light but the picture quality is great, there's a rat in my ratting video near the water, the picture is as good as I've seen on any video on youtube.

I have some settings to play with to try and improve it, got that planned for work tonight :mrgreen:

We still have two more camera's to try before divulging what they are, still waiting for delivery but they ain't cheap but cheaper than a new watec :thumbup:

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 30 Mar 2013, 07:30

Good work there Mark. :thumbup:

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 30 Mar 2013, 10:13

Mark, it looks like I've missed it, but can you tell me which channel is which camera, please?

Thanks.
George

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 30 Mar 2013, 10:40

Great video Mark - and a really neat way to test the cameras using the video splitter.
Hope it's not too long before we find out more about the mystery camera.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

marcos58

Post by marcos58 » 30 Mar 2013, 11:21

Hi Marky,

Another superb and informative video, we were out last night, no foxes and very few rabbits so got to play a lot with my Markylight mk4 , SUPERB ! Would you mind if I asked on your fixes 50mm spotter how far behind the lens did you fix the Oslon led ?

Thanks,

Marcos.

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 30 Mar 2013, 14:26

one of the problems with auto cams is they exspose for the majority of the picture, the other is if the shutter speed is fixed then blow out and black is inevitable.

manual controll would be nice to play with, along with the iris of course, but the real question is do the cameras actualy exspose for the IR light..in theory you should be able to get the IR spot 'perfectly' exsposed, but then i woke up up lol.

nice vid marky. that camera number 4 might do well for nearer things, especialy ratting but a bit price depending.
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Marky610

Post by Marky610 » 30 Mar 2013, 15:32

PESCA wrote:Mark, it looks like I've missed it, but can you tell me which channel is which camera, please?

Thanks.
George
It's in the discription on youtube but here it is anyway ;)

Ch01=Watec 902H
Ch02=Watec 902K
Ch03=Watec W-01MAB2
Ch04=Mystery camera

baffled

Post by baffled » 30 Mar 2013, 19:13

Excellent stuff yet again Marky!
Well done and many thanks.
Ken.