Hello, heres my DIY set-up any advise

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
appletree318is

Hello, heres my DIY set-up any advise

Post by appletree318is » 19 Jan 2013, 10:58

Hi lads,

I'm Matt, found this site through looking at the "Marky light" on youtube and pleased i did. I made my set up about 3 months ago and have made a few different encarnations as ive found different ways of doing things, here is the finished artical at the minute.

Mk1

Mk2
I made the screen tilt so when i'm spotting i can just rest the rifle on my knees and tilt the screen up

I would be interested if anyone had any ideas as to how i could improve it as you all seam to know alot about the DIY night vision stuff.

At the minute i can see out to about 75 with ease and i can make out the outline of a fox at 150yrds ( its a metal target so no eye glare)

Set up
MTC viper 4x16x56
1/3 Sony CCD chip
16mm lens
120m LED array illuminator
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Surveill ... 3f207a4258

Any advice or tips on improving the set up would be much appreciated.

Although at the minute i'm only shooting an HW100 the keeper on whos land i shoot has a 17HMR and a 308 for fox control and i was thinking of making a spotter using a markylight and my set up on a spare scope i have. I have all the parts but the Osram black LED i cant seam to find them soldered to aboard, does anyone on here offer that service?

redeye jedi

Re: Hello, heres my DIY set-up any advise

Post by redeye jedi » 19 Jan 2013, 13:58

Does the MK1 illuminator pick up skysports? :thumbup:

redeye jedi

Post by redeye jedi » 19 Jan 2013, 14:03

appletree318is wrote:Hi lads,

I'm Matt, found this site through looking at the "Marky light" on youtube and pleased i did. I made my set up about 3 months ago and have made a few different encarnations as ive found different ways of doing things, here is the finished artical at the minute.

I would be interested if anyone had any ideas as to how i could improve it as you all seam to know alot about the DIY night vision stuff.

At the minute i can see out to about 75 with ease and i can make out the outline of a fox at 150yrds ( its a metal target so no eye glare)

Set up
MTC viper 4x16x56
1/3 Sony CCD chip
16mm lens

Although at the minute i'm only shooting an HW100 the keeper on whos land i shoot has a 17HMR and a 308 for fox control and i was thinking of making a spotter using a markylight and my set up on a spare scope i have. I have all the parts but the Osram black LED i cant seam to find them soldered to aboard, does anyone on here offer that service?
Get a watec and a mk4 off Mark and you'll be sorted. ;)

appletree318is

Post by appletree318is » 19 Jan 2013, 14:56

redeye jedi wrote:

Set up
MTC viper 4x16x56
1/3 Sony CCD chip
16mm lens

Get a watec and a mk4 off Mark and you'll be sorted. ;)

LoL the Mk1 illuminator is abit big but the light it puts out is realy good it puts a good flood out to 50yrds which works alot better than i though it would, its just hard to fit it into a mount/body that doesnt look huge on the rifle.

Is the Mk4 a actual light or the LED to go in a home made mag light?

Also why the watec? i thought they also use the sony CCD chip or is there some other fancy bits in them.

Thanks Matt

Big Al

Post by Big Al » 19 Jan 2013, 15:14

Set up
MTC viper 4x16x56
1/3 Sony CCD chip
16mm lens

Which 1/3 Sony CCD chip are you using - is it a super had 11 or have a OSD menu or a EFFio -E board ?

appletree318is

Post by appletree318is » 19 Jan 2013, 16:12

Its not an Effio board for sure but how would i know what board it was? IIRC it had Sony CDX????? with numbers on a black square chip on the back of the board.

cav123

Post by cav123 » 19 Jan 2013, 16:29

start off mate it well tidy set up you got there i have just started making nv and i what i have read on here you cant get better then watec cameras and the illumenators that marky makes are the best for the money. good look pal. ps where you get the scope tubing from i want some the same lol

atb cav
Some say I was born to kill so kill is what I shall do!

appletree318is

Post by appletree318is » 19 Jan 2013, 16:50

The hose i got from a local company that does silicone hoses for cars, like on fitting front mounted intercooler kits and such, just measure your scope and have a look on ebay and yu will probably find a length cheap. My MTC scope uses 44.5mm ID hose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Meter-Strai ... 337f19042f

cav123

Post by cav123 » 19 Jan 2013, 17:06

thanks pal ill be sorting some of that out then :thumbup:
Some say I was born to kill so kill is what I shall do!

blastedmikeyb

Post by blastedmikeyb » 27 Jan 2013, 19:05

Noticed on the end of your silicone tube you have mounted the camera in a wider piece of pipe? or is this an add on piece? Looks great.

I am having difficulties mounting my board camera into the end of the scope pipe and yours looks very neat.

MikeyB