New scope add on

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
hywel1984

New scope add on

Post by hywel1984 » 10 Jun 2015, 18:27

My new scope add on, e700 with stock optics 3mp ir pass lens, cut down T50 with new AS led running off a 1400mA buck block driver with potentiometer dimmer. 2800mAh elwire battery, 5" HD monitor with red tint to reduce the glare, all mounted on a quick detach go pro mount and turn to tighten eye piece adapter.

A big thank you to Ian Sirrell for machining my T50 to fit a locking nut to mount to the box, jinks for supplying the new AS led to me and to Dave "some bloke" for the monitor pod and eye piece adapter. I had managed with other parts in the past but after seeing this build with the specially made parts I realise its well worth paying the extra for them it makes it look and feel so much better.

Should be good for about 400yds or so I recon with the new AS led. Not a cheap build but it will out perform any shop bought unit for the same price and I had lots of fun making it!

ImageImageImage

poppy mae

Re: New scope add on

Post by poppy mae » 10 Jun 2015, 19:57

Bet your well chuffed Hywel, only thing I would change is mounting it further forward in front of the scope turrets, might be a bit in your face , otherwise faultless, and come on what was the final bill?....................................................................... gonna need a bigger howitzer now :mrgreen:

hywel1984

Post by hywel1984 » 10 Jun 2015, 20:52

No idea of the final cost, I've got enough stuff here to build a couple of them, I get excited and buy things in bulk. I checked earlier and ive got 10 spotter lenses not included the ones on my 3 spotters! I just spend all my dinner time in work trawling ebay to find new parts and any bargains I buy. I've had a good price on all of them but I'm reluctant to re sell anything in case it comes in handy for a future build.

Talk about addicted!!!!!!!!!!

To make it worse, I only shoot air rifles, so only need to see 50yds Max but the addict in me needs to see further than anyone else lol

andy66

Post by andy66 » 10 Jun 2015, 21:29

Nice build Hywel :thumbup: