SB's add-on rig.

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

SB's add-on rig.

Post by some bloke » 19 Apr 2015, 16:34

The new SB modular add-on is born. :angel:

I've made and sold a couple of cheaper one's on the way to this but here is the final spec unless any more ideas emerge. It of course has an E700 camera in it with a 16mm lens - the DSA that many of you will have already seen - and a built in 3 mode zoomable T50 illuminator - which I might mount lower in future builds so the scope possibly blocks any IR light reaching the rear of the sound moderator.

It needs a permanently fitted weaver rail scope adaptor to fit the battery/screen module on to your specific tube size, so the rifle is kitted up for daylight, lamping and night vision like this:

And a very quick weaver clamp attaches it:

Or you can use Hawke Tactical Match Mounts to fit your specific tube size: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1502008812

It runs on two separate switched circuits to avoid interference: The lower switch is for the optics and the upper switch is for the 3 mode T50 which can be cycled with half dabs of the very quiet switch in the same way as with a tail cap switch. Both circuits are run from two 18650 batteries - not supplied.

The cable to the camera adaptor module is deliberately not sheathed in black heatshrink tubing so it is easily seen to help avoid any snags - but if it does snag the fact that both the plug and socket are trailing means they should separate rather than snap or short cuircuit.

More info later as I am expecting a visitor soon.
Last edited by some bloke on 19 Apr 2015, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.

jdk1

Re: SB's add-on rig.

Post by jdk1 » 19 Apr 2015, 16:41

I think if the price is right you will do well with these dave :clap:

jeffo

Post by jeffo » 19 Apr 2015, 17:32

very neat build there

ACSlater

Post by ACSlater » 20 Apr 2015, 07:13

How much for the DSA alone? I have all the other parts already here but need a better way to fix the cam to my scope.

magman

Post by magman » 20 Apr 2015, 13:27

Great design there Dave, far superior to a piece of silicone hose, easy to mount and it looks the part. It would be an idea mount for many types of add on not just the flowplast fitting.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 20 Apr 2015, 13:41

ACSlater wrote:How much for the DSA alone? I have all the other parts already here but need a better way to fix the cam to my scope.
Hi, The DSA alone is £35 if you use your own Floplas end cap fitting - or £45 if you buy an end cap fitting from me that I have machined smooth for you.
I need to know what scope you are using please - and/or the diameter of the eyebell.

See my sales post for them here:

http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11500