Monitor pods

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
jdk1

Monitor pods

Post by jdk1 » 12 Apr 2015, 09:39

I have just finished another E700 based set up using one of the sure24 screens and this time i decided to use one of dave's monitor pods , when he first came out with these i thought sod that when i saw the price of them so carried on using cheaper project boxes :oops: , i wanted this one to look a bit "nicer" than usual so paid the extra , i am now a convert and any screened builds i do in future will feature one of these :thumbup: , the quality is very good and the screen fit is perfect , if i had to be negative about them in any way they are just slightly not deep enough for one of the square el 1800mah batteries but that was easily solved by folding one of the cells out very carefully (next time i will just use one of the flat ones) , the only weaver mount i had spare was a high one but i will be swapping that over very soon.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o66 ... kxvsho.jpg
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o66 ... nnag1h.jpg
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o66 ... gdqnh6.jpg
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o66 ... fwz5vm.jpg
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o66 ... ocmt6d.jpg

rodp
A bad influence

Re: Monitor pods

Post by rodp » 12 Apr 2015, 11:33

Got one for a scopeless here and yes, they are very good. :thumbup:

If you have any more problems with getting batteries in I have a 15t hydraulic press here, there'll be no charge for the battery installation service :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 12 Apr 2015, 11:41

rodp wrote:Got one for a scopeless here and yes, they are very good. :thumbup:

If you have any more problems with getting batteries in I have a 15t hydraulic press here, there'll be no charge for the battery installation service :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:

That's a very kind offer rodders I will bear it in mind :thumbup: :lol:

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 12 Apr 2015, 11:42

That's me all over, a nice kinda guy :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 12 Apr 2015, 12:54

Hey - thanks guys, its always nice to know someone likes the things one makes.

What Bushnell is that please John? Well alright I'll cut to the chase... have I got the eyebell diameter of that one in my eyebell research thread? :angel:

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 12 Apr 2015, 13:01

some bloke wrote:Hey - thanks guys, its always nice to know someone likes the things one makes.

What Bushnell is that please John? Well alright I'll cut to the chase... have I got the eyebell diameter of that one in my eyebell research thread? :angel:

Its a legend 5-15x40 , if its not on your list i will measure it for you.

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 12 Apr 2015, 14:18

Image John, was looking at your dsa mount with the laser, thought about it and for a better word reversed engineered it, had a pulsar dsa knocking about , took it to bits, modded a couple bits of flowplast, hey presto! clamps up snug with the weaver rail much more forward, an idea for you? probably going to cut the rail off, scope is a Simmons wtc by the way, will post a picture of bits for assembly if you like....

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 12 Apr 2015, 14:27

Image How the bits of flowplast line up, using the rear of the dsa.

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 12 Apr 2015, 14:31

poppy mae wrote:Image John, was looking at your dsa mount with the laser, thought about it and for a better word reversed engineered it, had a pulsar dsa knocking about , took it to bits, modded a couple bits of flowplast, hey presto! clamps up snug with the weaver rail much more forward, an idea for you? probably going to cut the rail off, scope is a Simmons wtc by the way, will post a picture of bits for assembly if you like....

Yes please , cheers paul :thumbup:

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 12 Apr 2015, 14:40

poppy mae wrote:Image How the bits of flowplast line up, using the rear of the dsa.

That looks simple enough mate (even for me :lol: ) , i have kept away from these type of fittings in the past as i normally like to use a couple of 3 pole sockets and a curly wire but i'm fairly sure i could hard wire it at the camera end and use the curly wire as normal at the screen end.