usefull posts threads

Tell us your thoughts on improving the forum.
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

usefull posts threads

Post by sunndog » 06 Jan 2013, 11:17

just a thought

theres a cracking post by jinx in the driver query thread. a very good explanation on different drivers
now that post is just gonna get lost in very short space of time
so how about a couple of locked sticky threads. say one for illumination and one for watec builds...the idea being if a mod spots a really informative post he can just add it to the relavant thread?

i know its more work for the mods. but you do have a newboy for that sort of thing lol
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

PESCA

Re: usefull posts threads

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2013, 12:11

Are you saying that Mr.Gloop is our gopher, or joey? :lol:

I've no problem doing that, but I think it's best left to you clever diy lads to decide what's useful and what's not. So, just tell us what you want making a 'sticky'.

Within reason though, please, as we don't want to be in a situation where we have to go to the second page to read the latest new thread, if you see what I mean?

George

AirRifleSport

Post by AirRifleSport » 06 Jan 2013, 12:54

How about having a section for just photos of different setups. Nice to see at glance how many types of configuration is there.

Just a thought. :|
...the doctor said that I need to do gentle exercise... I said to him that I already did... trigger squeezing!

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2013, 12:55

Two new sections, within the diy homebuild and illumination forums have been created.

These are there to house your informative 'stickies'.

George

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2013, 12:57

AirRifleSport wrote:How about having a section for just photos of different setups. Nice to see at glance how many types of configuration is there.

Just a thought. :|
They can go in the 'Rifles and Ammo' section. It's there to show off your set-ups :thumbup:

George

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 06 Jan 2013, 13:12

thats great george thanks. if its kept tidy we could have a real nice database of reference material
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2013, 13:14

No problem.

As long as the correct posts are going here, and not posts that others disagree with, factually.

You fellas decide.

George

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 06 Jan 2013, 13:20

those 2 new sections are locked. so do we start a new thread when some-one makes a good post to suggest it goes in the sticky thread?
oslon black drivers

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2013, 14:00

It's only my post that is locked.

You can start a new thread with your suggestions and I'll delete them once the 'sticky' post you request is in place.

I'm afraid that we aren't able to 'move' individual posts, so they'll have to be cut and pasted. The original poster will be acknowledged.

Hope that's all clearer than mud?

George

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 06 Jan 2013, 14:47

PESCA wrote:Hope that's all clearer than mud?
errm, lets just see how it goes eh lol
oslon black drivers