Sutter 6-24x60 E-SF

John Phillips

Sutter 6-24x60 E-SF

Post by John Phillips » 11 Aug 2016, 11:57

Hi there,

been testing this scope for some nights with my WDV800S. I've compared it to my Leapers Mini Swat 3-12x44.

In my experience, I've found that the Sutter has a considerably better NV performance than the Leaper.

What I could see very good with the Leaper, about 150 m, now with the Sutter I can see it with more brightness, definition and detail.

Also, the Sutter has a way better performance for long distances than the Leaper. At 12x, I could see much better @ 350 m. than with the Leaper, not only that, winding up the magnification of the scope the image quality continued getting better until 20x (obviously I could do that by concentrating the beam of IR and focusing with the SF parallax). So at that point, with 20x, I had a very clean and detailed sight @ 350 m. I could reach the 24x and still had a very usable image, but the image wasnt so bright as with 20x. I think its only a matter of light, with a more powerful and concentrated beam of IR I think the magnification could be higher (maybe a laser would be ideal for that?)

The Sutter has a wider ocular eye piece so I didnt need no rings for addapt the WDV to it, only a little insulating tape and it fitted very solidly :thumbup:

The only downside I find at this moment is that its parallax adjustment only goes down to 20 yards, the Leaper goes down to 10 yards, so you can focus closer objects. Also, the only reticle available is the LP one.. I wanted the mil-dot reticle, but it seems they do not make it with that reticle anymore

I've been shooting with the Sutter and it holds zero with my 308W and the standard rings they supply.

I killed a few nights ago my first board with the WDV, using this scope. Shooted him at 20x about 150m. and the image quality was amazing.

http://www.sutter-gmbh.com/Rifle-Scope- ... :2594.html

Sorry again for my english and for the messy review, hope it is useful for someone,

thank you,

John

sikapup

Re: Sutter 6-24x60 E-SF

Post by sikapup » 11 Aug 2016, 16:41

nice review john :thumbup: and congratulations on your first piggy with the new kit.
out of interest what is the measurement from the eyepiece to the ir turret (where the nv adaptor fits)
paul

ps what ir are you using?

Barmyfarmer

Post by Barmyfarmer » 11 Aug 2016, 17:05

Can't find any one selling Sutter scopes in the UK, may order a couple direct if anyone is interested?

Thanks

John Phillips

Post by John Phillips » 11 Aug 2016, 19:56

sikapup wrote:out of interest what is the measurement from the eyepiece to the ir turret (where the nv adaptor fits)
paul

ps what ir are you using?
Hi Sikapup,

thank you ;)

the IR I use is the Black Sun 2 B672 67mm, supplied by Clive.

the distance between the ir turret and the rear end of the eyepiece (not counting the diopter ring) is 2,7 cm. Thats more than enough to fit the WDV properly :thumbup:
Barmyfarmer wrote:Can't find any one selling Sutter scopes in the UK, may order a couple direct if anyone is interested?

Thanks
If you finally decide to order directly from them all I can say is they are serious people, they answered all my questions and fast delivery too ;)

John

sikapup

Post by sikapup » 11 Aug 2016, 20:02

cheers for the measurement john :thumbup:
paul

seewolf

Post by seewolf » 11 Aug 2016, 20:10

Here can you bye the Great Sutter Scopes https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... ext=sutter
Sorry but there are crap! Here in Germany are the Importer his Name is Sutter and when you search the German Forums all wat you hear its crap
and you have no support when your scope doesnt do what you think he has to do.
https://forum.wildundhund.de/showthread ... tter-Optik
I have no Idea how you can transalte this in english.
Take your Sterlings and light your Cigar and you are 10 min. in Haven! Thats Ten times better then a Sutter!
Sorry ! I have one of this Super Big Sutter Muliculti Windowglas thinks in my cabinet!!!!

Sorry Buddies but I go a real soure Troat when I here a Specific Name .......
Blackpowder Rules

Barmyfarmer

Post by Barmyfarmer » 12 Aug 2016, 07:51

Maybe I best stay away! :thumbup:

sikapup

Post by sikapup » 12 Aug 2016, 10:23

Barmyfarmer wrote:Maybe I best stay away! :thumbup:

read the wildundhunt link after its translated itself, its priceless !