New member saying hello

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Cocker (sp)

New member saying hello

Post by Cocker (sp) » 25 Apr 2012, 12:03

Hi, thought I register especially as the AGBBS NV section is in doubt yet again, used to be very good until about 18 months ago.

Me, well I've been messing about with NV for just over 20 years, all started with a set of those gen1 russian Binos, all metal, that used to whine like crazy. Got my first gen 2 (russian) around 1992, first gen3 (US) in 1996 from a NV company at Halwill junction near Oakhampton, they had it all, PVS7's you name it, they were getting their stuff via the US & Germany. I remember testing various NV gear inc rifle scopes looking at the Hale-Bop comet from a field around the corner from their unit, just amazing.

I've done the mono on the back of the hunting scope thing about 2003, shot FAC stuff with my KITE x4, then sold up. Now days I just enjoy the pleasure of viewing not hunting. Still blown away after all this time being able to see in the DARK. :geek:

Dave

Tadpole

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Tadpole » 25 Apr 2012, 12:23

Good to have you join us Dave ....... ;)
I’ve just found what I was looking for, it was where I left it …

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 25 Apr 2012, 13:35

Hi Dave and welcome mate,i,suspect you already know quite a few other members on here (although some using different user names on this forum)

Atb Geoff

digit

Post by digit » 25 Apr 2012, 15:53

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum