hand warmers?

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
snoopy

hand warmers?

Post by snoopy » 20 Dec 2013, 12:18

any one used these types?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HotRox-HR101B-E ... and+warmer

so far my sum knowladge is
gel packs..useable by dont last beyond 40 mins or so in a good pocket, a pain re boiling and carrying a load about.
charcoal hand warmers..toasty, stinky, and sheeeszus dont put a whole stick in one or you'll be stuck with something tooo hot to handle, ends up on the floor and come back a few hours later.

zippo petrol types, smell hell of a lot less, last the 7-8 hours, very good. (but still a faint wif)
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

paulham

Re: hand warmers?

Post by paulham » 21 Dec 2013, 01:04

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

45 of 45 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Good product- excellent back up service 21 Feb 2011
By Mr. Albert Shipton
Amazon Verified Purchase
I bought one of these to try out on the golf course. I only bought one to try it out with the intention of buying a second if it worked. I assumed that like all hand warmers it need to be put in a glove or pocket not just held in the hand.
I kept the HOTROX in my jacket pocket and slipped my hand in the pocket between shots. It really works well and kept my hand nice and warm - even my golf improved. I only needed to use it on medium heat setting and it stayed warm for the duration of the round - about 4 hours. The second time out it also charged well and gave the same performance. Unfortunately this time round I managed to loose the covering sleeve. This was entirely my fault and was nothing to do with the HOTROX.
I ordered a second item from Amazon and at the same time emailed HOTROX (address from their web site) and without any question or argument they shipped a replacement cover the next working day. This is much better service than one gets these days from much more well known suppliers.
So in summary - good product plus excellent back up from the manufacturer. My recommendation is - give it a try, I think you will be pleased, I am.

15 of 16 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Most convenient and safest device I have come across 7 Dec 2011
By P. F. Barrett
Amazon Verified Purchase
I have given this 5 stars because I think it is probably the best all rounder in the field.

I have previously tried a charcoal fuelled unit - messy and difficult to light and keep alight - and a zippo lighter fuelled unit - not easy to refuel without spillage. And of course both of them can be a bit of a safety hazard - as well as drawing strange looks from people nearby who wonder where the smell of burning charcoal or lighter fuel is coming from.

This is an electronic unit using a rechargeable battery. Others have mentioned difficulties in charging and lack of heat. I bought two and both charged OK (it's much faster doing it from the mains.) Given the relatively small size of the unit and the fact that it has to fit the palm of your hand, it generates a respectable amount of heat. Bear in mind that it is using a small battery and you can't overcome the laws of physics. I found it best when used inside a glove so that it is constantly in contact with your skin. Then, it builds up a nice heat and, unlike the charcoal or petrol versions there's little risk of it getting too hot for comfort.

I ignored the instructions to always place it inside the little bag. I think that's done just to avoid the threat of legal action.

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Hand warmer 13 Jan 2011
By B. Palmer
Amazon Verified Purchase
A very rugged product - bought for husband who does much gardening and outdoor work. Ideal when having a break to warm his hands.

20 of 22 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Why weren't these invented before? 16 Nov 2010
By Northo
My wife suffers from cold hands when skiing, and has never found a solution - until I bought her one of these. No worries about hot charcoal burning a hole in your pocket (or leg), no sachets of horrible chemicals, no worrying that it will run out long before the end of the day. You turn it on - it warms up (pretty toasty, actually), turn it off and you aren't wasting any heat or power. Simple to charge, lasts for hours, fits in your pocket.

Makes perfect sense - a great design with no fuss or hassle. Added bonus - it keeps your hands warm ;)

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to charge &use 22 Dec 2012
By Daniel Coates
I bought this item for my Mum, my decision was swayed by the fact that you can turn it on and off as you need it and there's no messy refilling (unlike lighter fluid models), you just plug it into the mains or the computer as and when it goes flat. My Mum has had it for about a month now (Nov into Dec) and finds it easy & convenient to use when working in cold conditions for a few hours each morning, the variable heat settings are an added bonus.

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 21 Dec 2013, 10:01

Here you go, plus £1.99 postage, or call into one of their stores:

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/HotRox/Ho ... GB,pd.html

George

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 25 Dec 2013, 17:17

hmmm may save some pennies up..
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Greylag

Post by Greylag » 26 Dec 2013, 13:31

Hello All,

Just ordered one of the "Hotrox" handwarmers a couple of days ago. When it arrives I'll see how it performs and keep you posted. I used one of the charcoal ones for years but the damn things are so much messing about I thought b*gger it I'll try the Hotrox.

I'll keep ypu posted.
Regards
Dave